millie fleur coloring

pokey

Warrior Princess
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
upstate

ok, this little guy is a few months( 4 or 5) as he has feathered out he has molted from mostly black and white , but now he has the brown feathering coming in. is this correct for a millie fleur? he is kinda small, even for a banty so i was wondering if he is a little behind in developing. he is a cochin.

That's not a Mille FLeur colour pattern. If B&W he'd be Mottled-Brown & White ?????
He also doesn't look much like a Cochin. I'd assume a cross of some sort.

Last edited:
he's cochin, just bad camera angle. he has good feathering on his feet
and lots of fluff, i just don't know about the coloring. any body else?
i'll try to get a better shot, i was trying to get a good shot of his back where most of the brown is and you know some birds won't sit still.

great , thanks for the pics! i got him from bantyman, we call him mighty mouse. he is still small and bosses everybody.he thinks he is 10 feet tall. i hope to get some eggs from bantyman or onthespot next spring.maybe get a girlfriend like him.
wink.png

My birds also came from Mike. IMHO they are getting more beautiful every day. And yes, my little cockerel is a bossy little cuss too! I don't really knnow what his permanent name will end up being, but right now I call him El Jefe.
wink.png

Hi all, I'm new to this site/message board also to raising Millie Cochins. I've got a rooster that I got a year and a half ago with 3 buff/millie mix hens. I've raised a few babies out of them but they don't have a lot of the mottling in them. Does the really good color come out right from the beginning or later when there older? My chicks are about 7 to 8 weeks old now. A few of them show a lot of red and buff backgroud with a little white coming in here and there but most of them are totally buff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find any info on Millie cochins anywhere.

Josh

Hey Josh
frow.gif

Welcome to the best board you can find on anything you want to know The people here are really great All you have to do is ask
welcome-byc.gif

Mike
big_smile.png

Hi mike. Are you the mike that I've been pestering with emails about your eggbid auctions? If so that's cool.
I'm excited to find some other people that are breeding millie cochins.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom