Mini horse with laceration on sheath *GRAPHIC PHOTOS*

Cold hose it twice a day for 10 or so minutes and keep it covered in ointment. Might be beneficial to get him a fly sheet if he's kicking at flies that aggressively. Take fly spray on a rag (pour it on the rag to soak it) and pat all around the sheath, going between his legs and up under his belly. Keep him soaked in fly spray so he doesn't keep stomping. That way his wound can have a chance to heal.

Cold hosing is extremely important to keep that swelling down. Fly control is extremely important to let it heal. Ointment is important in helping it heal and keeping flies off of it.
Thanks I will cold hose 2x daily and I bought a ointment that is a anti-bacterial and fly protector so it should help. I will also clean him with Betadine 2x daily. I used a panty hose to make a sleeve to keep flies off too so he can still pee but no flies can lay eggs in it

Thanks I will cold hose 2x daily and I bought a ointment that is a anti-bacterial and fly protector so it should help. I will also clean him with Betadine 2x daily. I used a panty hose to make a sleeve to keep flies off too so he can still pee but no flies can lay eggs in it
Sounds like a great care plan! Good luck and happy healing vibes to your boy. ❤

Sounds like a great care plan! Good luck and happy healing vibes to your boy. ❤
Thanks he appreciates it.
Some pics of the boy in question
Screenshot_20220706-152205_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20220706-152227_Photos.jpg

Back
Top Bottom