Miniature Chickens??

I wanted them, but of course my dad said no.
sad.png
But I would have had to buy all of them, and they would have sold for a lot.

They were probably either young serama or young old english, both can be pretty small. I have one old english pullet right now who at over 5 months old isn't any bigger than a coturnix quail.

Quote:
Not trying to be rude, but how could you tell? Are you very familiar with Serama? Because several 'new' Serama people have been fooled by people selling Old English as Serama.

Quote:
Not trying to be rude, but how could you tell? Are you very familiar with Serama? Because several 'new' Serama people have been fooled by people selling Old English as Serama.

My 4-H leader breeds seramas and always brings them to meetings and talks about them. And they looked like the micro seramas in shelleyd2008's pictures.

GUAT!?...

japanese breed are shorter than serama, but not smaller... japanese are bigger than my OEGB...

good seramas are small, about the size of an OEGB and smaller...

this is my goal for my serama...

ws_06.jpg

i'm using some very nice type A and B hens and some type B roo's to shrink down the breed a bit... my friend has some very small type A hens that are fertile as well... it can be done and it is proof...

but now and days, micro serama are a spoof and unwanted mutations really... they don't live as long as normal seramas and well... they're infertile and useless really... just a good pet to have for a year if you're lucky...

Back
Top Bottom