Miniture Appleyard ducklings?

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
I was wondering if anyone in the south (in AL, or any state nearby) breeds these little guys, or knows of a hatchery that sells/ships/sexes them. I am contemplating getting one in the spring.

I have two questions:

Are they loud like calls? and can they be sexed at birth by color?

there's is the only site i've been able to find so far. We really can only add one new duck to our flock (we're techincally only supposed to have two, which we had to wrestle with our home owners association to let me bring them from chicago) So a new one would be kind of a secret. Our owner lady is so incredible sweet and loves our ducks. She hols Victor and pets him whenever i walk them over to the mail boxes/office. I'm sure if i ask her for a new ducks she'll say no, but if i just randomly got a new one she'b be thrilled, lol.

But, alas, i can only have one duck, buying ten just seems so wasteful, and i'd have to find the extras homes. That site also doesn't sex. I have two ducks currently who both seem to be female, and i don't want a little male trying to hop on them.

Does anyone know of other hatcheries or breeders closer to my end of the country??

So the fiance and i have both agreed that this might be the duckling we want... Can anyone tell how loud they get compared to calls? (like a scale 1-10, i've heard six)

Does anyone have or plan on hatching miniature silver appleyard ducklings this or next season (preferably someone in the south)? I need only 1 female.

If no one has any, i might order them from Holderreads. Out of 10 i should be able to get one female. I've give the rest away for free if someone could sex them to find me a female.

Back
Top Bottom