Mink in my hen house

melchic

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
Last night a mink got into my hen house. It killed one and injured another. She has a puncture wound on her neck. We cleaned and put ointment on it and brought her in for the night. This morning she is tiping her head back so far it is resting on her back and almost looks broken. She was not doing this last night. She is making lots of noise and wont eat or drink. Does anyone know what else I can do for her or if they think she is going to make it?

So, so sorry

Only thing I can think of is keeping her warm and calm... and time.

But you will get more and better responses to this if placed in "Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures". We want the right people to see and respond!

welcome-byc.gif
but sorry it's under these circumstances.
sad.png

Last edited:
Thank you. I did realize I posted in the wrong section. lol I reposted and have had better luck.
smile.png

I have been giving her water by hand today and she seems to be a whole lot better. She straightened her neck a few times. Hope she pulls through she seems as though she may. So happy!!!!

I would give her electrolyes in the water, rinse the wound with saline solution, and apply neosporine without cain, or anything for pain. Keep her calm and give her time to heal. Get her to eat any way possible yougart mixed with her food and fruits are favorites around here.
Set yourself a trap or get a good dog, he will be back. Good luck with both!

Thank you so much. You just answered my next question because we were having trouble getting her to eat.

Back
Top Bottom