Minnesota processors?

chandasue

Songster
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
MN
Does anyone know of a chicken processing business on the north side of the twin cities to st cloud area to Mille Lac? We live by Princeton. There's a place way up by Little Falls but that's a long drive to have no more than 20-30 birds butchered per year. We'll learn to do it ourselves if we must but if there's someone that can do it for us that would really be nice.

HI. I am in Princeton too! North side.
I checked this out this summer. There are none around here. Best bet was a place in Dennison down by Northfield. They do not have a minimum. I think the one in Little falls has a 200 bird minimum. Google poulty processors in Minnesota and it will give you the list I found.

For what it is worth I skin mine and i cna do one in about 5 minutes, start to drawn. You'll get the hang of it fast.

Last edited:
I'm sort of surprised that there isn't someone closer... We're going to have to do it ourselves. I suppose skinning is the cleanest way to do it. Thanks! Hey- We live in the Baldwin Twp area. Practically neighbors!
wink.png

Last edited:
Hi , I am in central wisc.. I went to the tech school in Pine City, Minn..

We have a Hmong processing facility just 25 miles south of here.. they will do 1 to as many as you want for $1.85 per chicken.. ducks , geese and turkeys are $5.oo...

There are a couple of Menonites who will travel to your home and do them for you.
I don't know what they charge..

This is just for your information so you know more about what you are looking for..

why don't you neighbors set up a butchering trailer and go into a part time butchering service?? It sounds like your area needs something like that.

I have the plans for a couple of different types of pluckers you could build.. I am just about finished with my first Whizbang

......jiminwisc.........

I haven't found one in our area. I live in Milaca. I take mine to Nelson shine produce which is up close to Brainerd. It may even be Little Falls, but not sure. They do an awesome job though. I really like them.

Quote:
No kidding! I've called several organic poultry farmers in the area and they all drive their birds to Little Falls. I think that's crazy! That's like adding nearly $100 to the cost of the birds for gas alone, add a meal or two on the road besides! It's just not worth it.

Hey, you two - I live southeast of you, near Forest Lake, south of North Branch. Good luck finding a processor. I don't know of any in your area, unfortunately.

Nice try but those are even further away than the one by Little Falls and the one south of the cities. Definitely a small market for anyone interested in starting such a venture in the area east of St Cloud and north of the cities...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom