Minnesota Swaps for 2011?

At an auction, you box whatever birds you have up and pray for the best. The cages go right along with the birds. You might get $0.50 and you might get a pleasant surprise, Never know.... From a buyer standpoint, you sit around an auction ring and they annouce whats in there, but you don't get a close look at the birds to know what you are getting really. A pair usually doesn't mean male/female...just plain 2 birds and usually both males. You don't know the health, accuracy of the breed, etc. Can be fun, but buyer beware.

At a swap, you usually pay $3-5 admission per person and you can buy, sell, or trade almost anything. You bring your own carriers to put stuff you bought in. You get to talk to the seller and get a bit more info on the birds. Most will let you take them out of the cages and look them over first.

Sept. 17th in Hutchinson MN is the MN Game Breeder's swap. Sept. 25th in Waverly IA is the huge (usually 3,000+ people) swap. At those 2 you will generally find alot of peafowl. Not very many at the smaller local swaps.... If you have some of the more rare colors to sell, I could also set you up with a guy down here. He already has IB's and BS but wants more pieds, whites, silver pieds, etc.

You could also try contacting Bruce Siltanen from Kettle River. Look up Siltanen Peafowl on google to find his webpage... It won't let me post the link on here since he does sell birds on there. Awesome breeder, tons of varieties, and he usually shows up at the Hutch sale at least.

I just saw this on Craig's List. It's quite a drive for me, but thought it sounded worthy to pass along to the group.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/grd/2596940824.html

Isanti County 4H Poultry is sponsoring a poultry sale on September 24th from 8 to Noon at the Fairgrounds in Cambridge. $5.00 per seller. No fees for buyers/lookers. Looking for a few chickens, ducks, geese? Come on out and buy. Looking to sell a few chickens, ducks, geese? Come to the sale as a seller. We look forward to seeing you all on the 24th! (Rabbits are also welcome if you have any rabbits to sell.)

I am planning on going to this. I will be selling silkie chicks (2 weeks old and newborns) ($7) and possibly two silkie hens for $50 each. Who else is planning on going and what will you be selling?

Animal swap will be held on Oct 1 from 8 till noon at the Rice county fairgrounds in Faribault, Mn. All animals are equipment are welcome. Farmers market type items also welcome. Poultry must have papers--testing available. Entrance fee of 3.00 per person for vendors and shoppers. For more information please email or call. 507-645-4318

Posted by: DIANNE HOHRMAN State: MN Zip: 55057 Phone: 507-645-4318

Sept 25 *Exotic Animal & Bird Swap at the Bremer County Fairgrounds in Waverly IA. Starts at 6am - Admission is $3 per person over 12. For more information call John Cheever at 319-984-5052

*** This one is huge and well worth the drive! Usually can expect 3,000-5,000 people there.

Back
Top Bottom