Minnesota!

What is it about chicken poop and dogs? My dog acts like it's a fat t-bone steak shaped in a chicken turd form.

@Minniechickmama
, you better use some of that Thieves oil on yourself! You need sleep. Take some benadryl and we'll see you in 12 hours. Speaking of, I tried looking for the oil, but couldn't find it. Is it a eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender combo?

Found it at Amazon.com

I live in La Crescent across the river from La Crosse, WI. LTC is short for Lieutenant Colonel. I retired from the Army about 2 years ago. I was in the nurse corps.

Hey I have a question and I am afraid I already know the answer, but I have noticed some grayish coloring on the the top of my hen's "waddles"....I believe this is possible frostbite. I know, I know I should have used vasoline during the really cold days.

What is the fallout of this going to be, or possibly be??

What is it about chicken poop and dogs? My dog acts like it's a fat t-bone steak shaped in a chicken turd form.

@Minniechickmama , you better use some of that Thieves oil on yourself! You need sleep. Take some benadryl and we'll see you in 12 hours. Speaking of, I tried looking for the oil, but couldn't find it. Is it a eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender combo?

Lemon extract, clove extract, eucalyptus, cinnamon, and two others can't recall. I order it from amazon.

I have used it on myself, but it didn't seem to touch this stuff a year ago. I don't have any in the house right now, so I kind of forgot about it until I was typing about your birds. DH loves it. I love that it smells like Christmas. My son uses it whenever he thinks he is getting something, and he should, he catches everything that comes around.

I am doing better, but now it is just trying to get the rest of the gunk cleared out and back to normal again. At least I am feeling like I am improving instead of treading water or getting worse.

BTW- the ladies are not turned off by the new semi heating system in the nest box. 2 eggs today, but not a good testing of the coiled rope light as it was 30 degrees today. No frozen eggs, but they were not as cold as the air either.

Hope to learn more everyday on this site.

Thanks.

I live in La Crescent across the river from La Crosse, WI. LTC is short for Lieutenant Colonel. I retired from the Army about 2 years ago. I was in the nurse corps.

Hey I have a question and I am afraid I already know the answer, but I have noticed some grayish coloring on the the top of my hen's "waddles"....I believe this is possible frostbite. I know, I know I should have used vasoline during the really cold days.

What is the fallout of this going to be, or possibly be??

Frostbite looks like yellowish flesh at first, then slowly becomes black and scabby. If that happens, just let Mother Nature do her thing. Messing with it not only causes pain, but you can do further damage. As much as I hate to see birds get it, it is something we all will see at one time or another raising chickens in this part of the country. I have some males who have lost most or all of their combs and wattles. The upside is that they do better in winters to come once it does happen. I will try to dig out some pictures from my old laptop that show it when I get back on later.

Back
Top Bottom