Minnesota!

I can not keep up with how much you guys post. But it is great to check in and see all the posts from you great folks. Tons has happened. Traveled through Europe also went to Belize and than my daughter was married in Purta Vallarta. I am becoming a well traveled man all of a sudden in my old age. I have never been off the Continent until 2012.
Butt on to the big news!! New chickens!!
So far two Silkies thanks to Minniechickmama Locating a seller for me. Also one Road Island Red and a Black Australorp. Still waiting on two Easter Eggers. That will be next week!! :)

WOW!! That is beautiful. Do they always lay spotted eggs like that?

Not always. Her Wellie came from me. Some lay spotted, I don't get a lot that are, but some lay really dark terra cotta and they are lovely. People like to compare the Welsummers and Marans for egg color, and the truth is, the Wellies were not really meant to lay as dark of an egg as Marans. I have had both, and have found the temperament of the Welsummers much better, especially the males. They do lay lovely eggs and large too for the size of the birds, even as pullets.

Some of my eggs come out spotted and I just wash them really good I thought it was blood?

Sometimes they are blood spots, but even some light brown egg layers will have spots on their eggs. Normally, if a hen lays a spotted egg, she will always lay spotted to some degree. Some light brown layers have whiter spots on them too, which is more of extra calcium than pigment.

Just a few farm pics

Back
Top Bottom