Minnesota!

Hi everybody! I posted on the new member page and got directed to my state page.

I'm 26, and I have a few breeds of birds
Speckled Sussex
Americanas? Easter eggers? Hard to say. 2 with cheeks, 3 without SUPPOSEDLY all the same kind.Thanks farm store haha
Silver laced wyandottes
A couple grey mixed breeds (Craigslist beauties)
A paranoid silver polish rooster
And 4 new 8 week brahma chicks!

I also have 2 Swedish ducks, 3 dogs, a cat, and 3 baby Pygmy goats that come this week!!!

My husband humors me and builds me awesome coops and barns for my little critters. He's a carpenter so they're pretty dang cute too!

Welcome aboard! You have a nice mix. FYI... Your description of your Polish rooster is basically the description of all Polish roosters. Pick them up and they scream their heads off too, whether you are planning to take their heads off or not. LOL
Holm is your duck person, and MnNice, they are both crazy that way
gig.gif

Oh gosh. I have such a love/hate with the ducks. They're SO messy. I went to a guys house to pick up the 2 grey crossbreeds, and he was going to eat them. I took them cause I'm a sucker!

Anyhow, if anyone knows where I could get a couple splash orpingtons or something similar in color/pattern let me know. I also have an obsession with the blue laced wyandottes all the sudden. I'm always open to grey birds I guess!

Hello!

I'm wondering what incubator is one of the better ones and which to stay away from.

I have one now, and I like that it has an auto Turner, but it only holds 9 eggs, less for duck eggs.

I don't like that I can't set in Fahrenhei.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hello!

I'm wondering what incubator is one of the better ones and which to stay away from.

I have one now, and I like that it has an auto Turner, but it only holds 9 eggs, less for duck eggs.

I don't like that I can't set in Fahrenhei.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

It depends on how much you want to spend. If you plan on hatching for years to come, then a good incubator is an investment. Brinsea is a brand that, though is a little spendy, is a very good, reliable brand. You can get them in different sizes.
If you have to go cheap, you will get what you pay for. The foam incubators are what many start with, but they are not on the same level of reliability as you would have with something you put more money into. Foams take a lot more monitoring and set up time in advance of setting eggs.
I hope that helps.

It depends on how much you want to spend.  If you plan on hatching for years to come, then a good incubator is an investment.  Brinsea is a brand that, though is a little spendy, is a very good, reliable brand.  You can get them in different sizes.

If you have to go cheap, you will get what you pay for.  The foam incubators are what many start with, but they are not on the same level of reliability as you would have with something you put more money into.  Foams take a lot more monitoring and set up time in advance of setting eggs.

I hope that helps.

Thank you very much! It does help! We are planning on hatching long term, just doing my first hatch ever (today is lock down day).
I do like what I have read on the Brinsea. To me the styrofoam ones seem like they would break down after a short time of use.
Thank you again, I will look into the Brinsea models.

Back
Top Bottom