Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    When I was growing up we had a chicken catcher. I have not thought about one of those in years. I might have to make one for the turkey jakes. Then I could put my landing net back in my boat,

It was a pain getting the chicken out of the shed, but it was kind of cute too. Did I mention it was my white rock? There is something I really like about her, when she bats her eyes I met inside just like Bert does. She was all dolled up. She must have spent all day yesterday in a sand bath because she is more grey than white today.

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Ralphie, does the wife get a bit jealous when she hears/reads your comments about your affection for your birds?

3. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh no Minnie, you have me all wrong.....

I have to hide the fact I love chickens from her like a person having an affair hides it.......

Matter of fact my wife does not even know I own a chicken let alone lots of chickens...

I tell her the birds running around the yard are pigeons, everyone knows old farms have pigeons....

She did complain about the pigeons eating her tomatoes a little last summer though....

Edited to change ove-Love..... ike - like.....et-let...od-old...... complain-complain.....itte to little

I reay need a new keyboard

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  4. jbenson

jbenson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    Got my birds reordered from welp. Decided I would take my chances with the end of march. I have had ok luck then before. And added a few extra birds to the order so am likely to end up with enough of everything even if some do not make it. And will probably ask for a refund on any that don't. 2 times is enough.

5. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    whenmydaughterwasatoddlershebrokeoffmyspacebarandeverythinglookedlikethisforabit.itgotreallyold!

6. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]X2 Aren't kids the greatest?!!![​IMG]

8. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    The great thing is that I was able to call the computer company and they shipped out a space bar free :). It was that company Gateway 2000.

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

My keyboard problem can be laid squarely at the feet of my DW......

She made the pea soup that somehow got dumped on my laptop ruining the keyboard!

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Here are my new birds....

Just getting use to snow, Triplell kept them inside. Life has changed for them,,,,,,[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And one of Ethel looking down her nose at, guess who????

[​IMG]

You guessed it, that dirty little white rock.....

[​IMG]
    The picture does not show the dirt real good, but she so needs a bath, but I am guessing the DW would not be happy if I brought her in a gave her one..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by