Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    oh the legbars are gorgeous! I still have one of the three I got from tripell as chicks last spring, lost the other two to mareks. I still miss that rooster, he was adorable.
    You are lucky to have them. How old are they?

I have started getting a beautiful blue egg, but am not sure if it is from my legbar pullet (hatched in late May/early june if I remember right) as there are a couple of other hens that could have laid it.

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

She said they are almost a year old....

3. Very nice birds Ralpie! :thumbsup My three White Rocks are very dirty right now. :sick It's my fault though, I desperately need to clean the coop. :sick

4. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Maybe a dirt bath would help? for winter I fill a 6.5 gallon rubber tub from fleet farm with organic peat moss from Menards, they love it! When I expand my run this summer, next winter i'll probably have a couple of these.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Those are some good looking birds Ralphie! Very nice, Heidi! ;)

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    My white rock got dirty taking a dirt bath the other day when we had open areas by the bases of trees....and the sneaky little buggers keep the area under the topper sandy so they can "bathe" year round... I am thinking she needs a real bath, in the tub,,,, BUT if I get caught giving her a bath in the tub....Things could get loud here...

7. Good idea Cluckies. I'll have to see if I can get to Menards anytime soon.

8. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Hahaha! plus, you don't want the girls to freeze when you put them back out there! [​IMG] Warmth is coming, warmth is coming. I just keep telling myself that! [​IMG]

9. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    At least she dusted herself in dirt, Ralphie, my Cornish were dusting themselves in the freshly thawed, poop tainted shavings in their pen! I can't wait until the weekend so I can clean house!!!
    BTW, I can't wait to hear all the scuttlebutt with the newbies in the hen house!!! That old Bert will be trying to move in for a Swedish Massage before you know it! If Ethel is jealous now, I can't wait to see what happens when she finds he has moved on to the immigrants!

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    The new immigrants will be kept separate forever. I might throw a couple of my EE (blue layers) in with them for a month or so... To get some more blue layers ( I hope)..

I am going to hatch a few eggs in a couple weeks from the immigrants and hope for a rooster to put in the other coop. "nameless" may be getting a name soon " sunday Dinner"...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by