Minnesota!

I kept Bert locked up most the day, because of the cold and to keep him out of trouble, as I had some running to do.

I opened the door so Bert could go outside if he wanted to this afternoon. He did not go outside. I went into the house for 10 minutes and came back out, this is what I found:

I have only one white rock, and she is always causing trouble or leading Bert astray! If she did not have such sweet eyes I would stew her, but then Bert might get upset at me... Her chasing Bert is disgusting and shows a lack of will power on her part!

I am willing to sell this egg, from a Crested Cream leg bar today at cost!

This offer is only being made to my friends on this thread and Jessica's bar and grill thread...

Break down of costs on this egg:

Chickens ........................... $130.00
Feed ...........................1.25
feeder ...................................16.99
water ................................... .02
Waterer ........................... 39.95
Gas 4 car .......................... 28.00
Cost to build coop................... 125.00
Light............................................12.69
bulb................................................2.00
ext cord.........................................12.95
splitter for cord................................3.19
-----------------------------------------------------

TOTAL $357.09

I will even eat the cost of my labor and the egg carton!

So contact me now to buy this egg at cost..........
This seems like one of those "too good to be true offers".
droolin.gif
Was the egg found frozen and/or cracked? Was it dirty? Are you sure it was from your crested cream leg bars or is it possiblely from Bert and his gal? (Scratch that last question - if it was from Bert, it would cost alot more).
What to do, what to do.
idunno.gif

I think its too early to start up the incubator, especially for just one egg. Of course it is such a pretty egg, I'm not sure I would want to incubate it and let a baby chick demolish it while hatching. Maybe I should just buy it and set it on the mantle to look at. Of course, I would have to build a mantle. And I would have to buy a special egg cup to hold it in. And also a spot light to shine on it. Maybe a glass case to put it in. (This might not be such a good deal afterall).
I also have a problem with your itemized costs. You do realize we live in Minnesota - land of 10,000 lakes? How can you say it costs 2 cents for water??!!
ep.gif
What kind of water do you give them? If I hatch this egg out, will I have to give the chick this special water as well?
I know this is alot of questions but I have been burnt by good deals before and just want to know what I'm getting myself into.

P.S. If I buy this one, will I get dibs on any more or only one per costumer?

This seems like one of those "too good to be true offers".
droolin.gif
Was the egg found frozen and/or cracked? Was it dirty? Are you sure it was from your crested cream leg bars or is it possiblely from Bert and his gal? (Scratch that last question - if it was from Bert, it would cost alot more).
What to do, what to do.
idunno.gif

I think its too early to start up the incubator, especially for just one egg. Of course it is such a pretty egg, I'm not sure I would want to incubate it and let a baby chick demolish it while hatching. Maybe I should just buy it and set it on the mantle to look at. Of course, I would have to build a mantle. And I would have to buy a special egg cup to hold it in. And also a spot light to shine on it. Maybe a glass case to put it in. (This might not be such a good deal afterall).
I also have a problem with your itemized costs. You do realize we live in Minnesota - land of 10,000 lakes? How can you say it costs 2 cents for water??!!
ep.gif
What kind of water do you give them? If I hatch this egg out, will I have to give the chick this special water as well?
I know this is alot of questions but I have been burnt by good deals before and just want to know what I'm getting myself into.

P.S. If I buy this one, will I get dibs on any more or only one per costumer?

I would be willing to sell you as many as I get at that same low price.....

Ralphie, did you already pick up that heated waterer? I want to sell mine, I only used it a couple weeks. Wish I would have seen this yesterday!

That is a fantastic deal on that cream legbar egg, I'm sure someone will snag that up. Unfortunately my coop is full or i'd be all over it!
ep.gif

Last edited:
Ralph would you be willing to sell hatching eggs in middle to end of April???

Depends on where I am with my hatching, but most likely.. I am putting eggs in on the 10th or 11th. The incubator will be open on April 1st, I think I will do another batch then. It all depends on turkeys and guineas and if they ever lay eggs..

What kind of meat birds are you getting?

I raised my first batch of CX's with the other chickens, layers, and dual purpose. However, I ended up processing the CX's at 40 days because of heart attacks, leg problems and so on...

Bert is from my second batch, He group was raised slowly, by themselves and with lots of free ranging. They intermixed with the other birds during free ranging, but were fed alone.

Yesterday, I found the CL egg on the ground in the wood chips....

Today I opened the lid and both hens were up in the nests, One in each box. I was so happy!

They have not used the roost I put in the "coop". I am thinking I will need to make the "coop" bigger. They have not been more than 6 inches outside yet. The snow really has them scared.

I am thinking some of you are scared to spend a few bucks for the CL eggs, So I am revising my offer, making it by the pound,

So a pound of eggs is only $3,213!!

This is at my cost... Those not on this thread will pay 50% more.... ( I need to be able to make a reasonable profit)....

Back
Top Bottom