Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Hahaha! [​IMG]

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I looked it up on Wiki, which is like "cliff notes" but free.....

What I got out of it is this woman sold 16 million copies of this book! I wish I could write like that, the royalty checks would keep me in chickens for a couple years....

BTW my kids are way too old to have had those books...... But it reminded me of putting a grandchild to bed, everything you do/get for them leads to something else they need.

3. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    They keep saying warm weather is coming... So was the 18 below this morning considered warm or the 5 degrees right now?

4. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    There is another book called, "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" I am not sure if there are others in that little series of them. One of the fun books I read to my kids a lot.

A good kids book about poultry is written by a Zumbrota resident, Catherine Friend. It is called "The Perfect Nest" very cute story and great pictures.

(Pssst, I have sold chickens to the author ;) )

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  5. jbenson

jbenson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    Anyone on here certified to test birds and live out towards Montevideo and can help out a 4Her who will need her birds tested? My class is pushed back from today to some time in May ( some kind of unforseen circumstances yada yada email I got yesterday from the BAH saying it was being rescheduled). Minnie, I know you do this for 4Hers, but you're kinda a haul for this gal. If anyone can help out, it would be much appreciated.

6. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    You can call the BAH and they will give you names and phone numbers of testers in your area who are willing to test other people's birds. Some will charge a minimal fee for gas and time.

7. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    She won't need them tested until just before the fair. I have even done birds that people were checking in AT the fair, so long as it is done before they band and cage them. So, if she is showing this summer, and you are getting your cert in May, that should still work. Otherwise, contact Autumn at MPTL.

8. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    @duluthralphie
    Ralphie, I'm telling you this as a friend who wants to save your marriage, STAY AWAY from Ramsey Farm and Garden, it is pack full of chicks of all sizes and breeds, I almost didn't make it out! [​IMG]

9. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I have been resisting going there...........BUT it is one of the greatest paces on earth for the next 6 months. I know they would have some dominiques there now. Maybe when I hatch eggs in about 4 weeks I can sneak down there and get 3-4 dominiques....

Did you talk to them are they selling their own chicks, or hatchery ones now? I think they sell both.

10. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    I didn't talk to them on where they are from or if they hatched them (I had to get in and out fast [​IMG]), but they are over run, he said they are running out of room and have to keep moving them about to make room for more! He said last year they ran out very early and so they ordered many more, and earlier than they've ever ordered them before, it was chick heaven! Also, I have to resist the urge to shove that little Japanese rooster and that little hen in my pocket as i'm leaving! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by