Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    This is sounding kind of like the kids book, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie"! LOL

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Now, it seems to me that the cost per egg would go down as more are laid and the overhead costs are distributed. However, you now have me wondering if you are a retired government official?

3. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    THAT WAS MY FAVORITE BOOK!!!!

4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Now I have to look up that book on google. I have never heard of that one..

I can tell spring is coming, I put these on the counter, and the DW complained.. does every spring... proving spring is here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  5. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    Another book.. If You Give a Moose a Muffin... same theme.

6. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie, I fear that as my old friend Dan Powell you may have gone over to the "Dark Side" of Greenfire Farm marketing principles. I advise you to be cautious as relates to these marketing methods, or you too may be forced to move to New Zealand.

7. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie, I fear that as my old friend Dan Powell you may have gone over to the "Dark Side" of Greenfire Farm marketing principles. I advise you to be cautious as relates to these marketing methods, or you too may be forced to move to New Zealand.

8. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    Not trying to scare anyone but forewarned is forearmed. I was just notified that there is now a confirmation of avian bird flu in Minnesota, pope county, in a commercial turkey flock, which is being destroyed.

Fears are it comes from migratory birds (mississippi river flyway). For the details, please see this thread:https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ta-first-in-mississipi-river-migratory-flyway

It seems to be spread primarily by wild waterfowl, but the west coast ongoing incident seems to have also involved owls and a falcon.

They say keep wild birds and waterfowl away from your backyard flock, but.....I personally have no plans to force my flock indoors forever. And no funds to build a giant wildbird free run, either.

9. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Time to petition your congressmen for an Eagle hunting season.......

I wonder what Eagle tastes like?

I am currently under the weather, I think I am on deaths doorstep, my DD thinks I am over reacting, she is like that.....

But today she did the sweetest thing, while I was taking a Grandpa nap to regain my strength, she went out and collected afternoon eggs... I got morning eggs, the main flock had not laid any eggs....

I came downstairs unaware DD had done this nice thing for me. I went to pour myself a large cup of Nyquil.

Out of the blue she jumped on my poor little butt....

"I gathered eggs for you, I thought those (expletive deleted) you paid so much for were suppose to lay blue eggs! Do you call these blue?" As she held up the pair of white ceramic nest eggs I had put in the nests.....

I knew I had lost no matter what I said, so I feigned fainting and crawled to my recliner....

10. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    What if you give a mouse a muffin?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by