Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Oh what a nummy thread we have going here today! Lol

Dandelioness I was thinking the same thing...! How many Labradors would you need for 200-400 chickens? Hahaha.

Welp. Septic tank got cleaned out. Drain field is soaking up sun rays. 1/2 frozen dog poop cleaned up out of the lawn. I'm going to dump it all in a perimeter around the backside of the coop in the woods and hopefully make predators think twice with a wall of dog doo. Deck swept of chicken poo. I'd say were good for at least a week or so.

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

It takes me a while to actually process a bird. I will put Nameless back on the menu, however, I will most likely keep trying to hawk him also. We will see which one happens first, nameless losing his head or finding a new home, or keeling over and ending up in a hole in the ground. Right now I would bet on the hole.

If I did paint him, would there be a specific pattern to the black and white needed?

I have 3 Jakes I have been trying to get rid of for 5 months now, They have been on the chopping block for the entire time,

It is good to know one's self, I know me, I am much better at acquiring birds than getting rid of birds... Which is why Bert's hatch mates all lived 13 weeks instead of the 6 most CX's do.....Had winter not been coming they would have still been with us.

So there is no rush, in case you change your mind and want Nameless, You will just have to speak up before someone else here does.

I wish I was a fly fisherman, we would know what to do with Nameless then.

3. Scott16475

Scott16475 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you, Bogtown Chick. There's plenty of dirt back there so I figured they would create their own little spa but clearly I'm wrong. I'll pick up some supplies this weekend.

4. Cyrus83

Cyrus83 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    [​IMG]

Nameless would have to match these birds

5. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bogtown Chick [​IMG]
    1/2 frozen dog poop cleaned up out of the lawn. I'm going to dump it all in a perimeter around the backside of the coop in the woods and hopefully make predators think twice with a wall of dog doo. Deck swept of chicken poo. I'd say were good for at least a week or so.
    I wish I had read this..what a good idea. we apparently have coyotes around, so our neighbors say.

Yeah, we ran into the frozen turd things too - some were buried under ice and unable to be gotten, so my son pretended he was Harrison Ford in 'raiders of the lost turd'. [​IMG]

6. Cyrus83

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    Any of you Duluthians know where Alden or little Alden lake are?

7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Nameless looks just like your chickens now!! Trust me!!!

I know where an Alden Lake is, I am not sure it is the one you are asking about. It is near Tofte and not Duluth.

And I think there is one by Two harbors kinda by Lacs lake, I think.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    It's going to be 69 degrees today! Yay! I hope it stays this way.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cyrus83

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    Their the next lakes up the cloquet river from island lake. Thats where my family lake place is.

10. Cyrus83

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    I fished lacs lake a lot when I was a kid. My mom grew up in silver bay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by