Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I do have some all new mixes if you want to give it a shot with some of mine, and they are laying well right now. I have 3 pens I am getting EEs from. One is supposed to be Ameraucanas, but the eggs I started with weren't the bluest and they have turned more green each year, so I am considering them EEs now.

2. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ran home for Lunch and one of the Creamettes laid a gorgeous blue egg! Whoop whoop!

1 person likes this.
  3. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I think that scenario has happened more than twice on Minnesota farms. Hahaha. My Aunt is a bit on the high maintenance side too. I'm sure she just about had a coronary after wiping the sleep from her eyes and registering that skunk was on her front porch with her putty tats. Those skunks are beautiful animals though. Hahahaha...

4. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    Isn't that what Pepe le phew did to blend in? Lol. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  5. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    How exciting!!! We got our first blue egg to day too!! One of the EEs decided I had waited long enough and laid a pretty egg! DD was so excited bringing it in! I LOVE IT!!

HOORAY its BLUE EGG DAY!!

1 person likes this.
  6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    It is sad Blue egg day here.

I went to check the creamettes and one of the creamettes decided to jump out the lid when I checked for eggs.

I had my net there from when Ray attempted the great escape. I placed said blue egg in my pocket and attempted to run down the creamette.

I caught her and a ruckus ensued. Noise from every rooster on the farm and JJ.

BTW Nameless tried to have his way with her, but I stopped that! Whew!!!!!

Once I got the creamette back in the coop, I took the blue egg out of my pocket, but it had a dent in it from my keys........I guess it will be breakfast now,,,sigh

7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I am afraid we would not be introducing a lot of new genetics, I got my hatchery birds from hoover last year. My roosters are from EJB, I have no idea where he got them. One is a partridge Chanticer the other is a Blue layer, it was suppose to be a "aruacuana" (spelling) But He said he thought it was a mutt, I have no reason to doubt him...

A hypothetical question, Is it better to tell your spouse a chicken crapped in your hair when you walked under the roost or just to pretend it never happened?

I think I chose wrong...

Also it was a sadder day here..... I did not get an incubator, DW got a ton of new furniture, I am still trying to figure out what happened and what went wrong...

3 people like this.
  8. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Oh ralphie sorry about the egg in your pocket. I wonder every time I put one in my jacket if this will be the time it breaks in there. And as far as new furniture for DW goes, I can't say anything. That is a good day for her. Perhaps you need a 'guys day' out and splurge on yourself and get an incubator. Who needs to explain expenditures when its a guy/girls day out, right? What would you have done if Nameless had gotten to your Creamette? BTW how are Bert and Miss Vixen Rock doing?

9. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    This may be the most expensive breakfast you will ever have!!

10. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG] High-5 Rhetts on the blue egg day! Congratulations!!! Those blue eggs are something and they sure are fun to gawk at in the carton there in the fridge.

Oh shoot Ralphie on the creamette escape and subsequent egg casualty! I have one girl who is a bit flighty but I'm determined to show her I'm nobody to stress about and am the nice food lady. They'll learn. Cleaned their cage out and put in a portable wood nest so the little blue eggs have their own spot until we integrate. They are neat birds but ejb is right about the comb type for us here in MN.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by