Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jailerjoe

jailerjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd say turkey but I have a lsmall white leg horn that consistantly gives me ginormous eggs that I can't believe come out of that little chicken. Probably about the same size. Go figure.

2. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    MN

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Ralphie those cream legbar eggs are small. I don't have a scale but they are no larger than my bantam silkie's eggs.

Little joe is a bantam gold laced Wyandotte roo. I believe she got him as a hatching egg from Minnie.

4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    The egg has 2 yolks I candled it when it got dark...(semi-dark)

5. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    I can see why you want to move back to Sandstone - its a beautiful area, especially by the river. I work in the cities, and it is tough! means a 150 mile daily round trip. I love that the gas prices are still low. I'm about 15 minutes east of pine city and the freeway. I'm always getting offers from people to stay in the cities during the week, but it is worth it to me to drive home. even in awful weather -

6. lalaland

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    the cream legbar pullet I got from Tripell last spring lays teeny tiny eggs, too. She is pretty small herself, I havent' weighted the egg, but they are the prettiest egg I've ever seen.

7. aussiegal318

aussiegal318 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    Doesn't surprise me that Marty's doesn't keep chicks; Rusty has 700 chickens & is mildly annoyed with us small BYC'ers. They are nice, practical & conventional.

For a get together, Tues & Thurs are empty on the calender for me next week. This week exploded when I wasn't looking. I'm open to moving it out of Elk River if it would be more central for others. I plan to bring pictures of all the babies, chickens, grand kids, dogs, alpacas etc.., & what ever happens to be on my phone. ;)

8. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    MN
  9. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I am saying double yolker. All turkey eggs I have seen are whitish with speckles. Since turkeys are all one breed, but different varieties, I can't imagine there would be much variation in eggs with them. Not saying I am absolutely correct on that, but that is the educated guess I am making.

10. lalaland

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    oh, a 1920's farmhouse! my kind of place. doesn't look like there's a barn anymore, but at least a poleshed.... I can see why you like the looks of it. Thats a good 15 minutes south of me, so it would only be 1hr to 1hr 15 min - guess it really depends on where your husband works in the cities.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by