Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

A foot of snow this time of year is always a big deal......

I took my snow pow off the other day so no snow is allowed in this area until November.

2. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    I think we got about 6 inches but I refuse to shovel. I'll just drive over it and wait until Sat when it will all melt. ;)

3. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    We didn't get any snow just some flakes here and there. ALL our snow is gone but still not warm enough for the grass to start growing and greening.

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I tried this technique the last two years.... I found myself breaking and putting the plow on in the last week in April ...BUT this year I will not plow no matter what I am done!!

My DW has 4 wheel drive now! I can withstand her arguments to plow the drive now.....Besides I can make sandwiches....

5. Scott16475

Scott16475 Chillin' With My Peeps

According to the Star Tribune, those of us in Lakeville won the snow total award for the metro. 9.8 inches. Heavy wet snow. My big ol' snowblower even had problems blowing this morning.

6. Cyrus83

Cyrus83 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    My birds looked disgusted to see snow again. They stood at the entrance to the coop till ten before they got in line to lay their eggs.

7. Cyrus83

Cyrus83 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    But its all melted now. Ha

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Question about this egg?

What do you think a double yolk or a turkey egg?

I found this in one of the nests today. The turkey hens do go into the coop. The large egg weighs 3.75 ounces the little one weighs 2.20.

It is not speckled and is not real dark but I have 3 young turkeys and I have no idea what shades their eggs will be...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    We have a Runnings in New Ulm and I quite like it! We were there on Saturday and they had a lot of chicks/ducklings/poults. If I go back there I may come home with some ducklings. They are so **** cute!

10. jailerjoe

jailerjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Ha! I'm in a similar boat. I placed my order in December not knowing my wife would decide we needed to put our house/property on the market in January. :rolleyes: We actually had our offer accepted on a 30 acre spread that'll be perfect for us but we're now waiting to sell our place. It's been on the market about a month and we have had an offer we just need a better one. We're supposed to close on our new place on May 5th which would be the week my new chicks would be about 8 weeks old. It's going to be tight but I told my wife I wasn't canceling my order. No way! 26 new chickens should be here next week sometime. I can't wait!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by