Minnesota!

Well, you lucky peeps who didn't get the snow you were supposed to, we got about a foot! I think they were calling for 4-6" for us, but we are going to be running the blower here shortly so you can see the driveway again. I don't care for trapsing through this to do chores, but luckily most of my birds are inside or undercover in the runs. It will be gone in a couple of days, so not a big deal, I guess.

A foot of snow this time of year is always a big deal......

I took my snow pow off the other day so no snow is allowed in this area until November.

We didn't get any snow just some flakes here and there. ALL our snow is gone but still not warm enough for the grass to start growing and greening.

I think we got about 6 inches but I refuse to shovel. I'll just drive over it and wait until Sat when it will all melt. ;)

I tried this technique the last two years.... I found myself breaking and putting the plow on in the last week in April ...BUT this year I will not plow no matter what I am done!!

My DW has 4 wheel drive now! I can withstand her arguments to plow the drive now.....Besides I can make sandwiches....

Question about this egg?

What do you think a double yolk or a turkey egg?

I found this in one of the nests today. The turkey hens do go into the coop. The large egg weighs 3.75 ounces the little one weighs 2.20.

It is not speckled and is not real dark but I have 3 young turkeys and I have no idea what shades their eggs will be...

We have a Runnings in New Ulm and I quite like it! We were there on Saturday and they had a lot of chicks/ducklings/poults. If I go back there I may come home with some ducklings. They are so **** cute!

Hi all!  I haven't checked in for a while, but thought I would say hello.  I am having a hard time not ordering any chicks or eggs this spring.  Our house is going on the market in 1-2 weeks, so getting ready for that.  (Which means no chicks in the basement. ;)  My girls haven't gone broody yet either, so no help there.  Anyway, we will be farm shopping as soon as our house sells.  I will get to switch from having backyard chickens, to back pasture chickens. :D   Planning to start breeding once we are settled.  :yiipchick

Ha! I'm in a similar boat. I placed my order in December not knowing my wife would decide we needed to put our house/property on the market in January. :rolleyes: We actually had our offer accepted on a 30 acre spread that'll be perfect for us but we're now waiting to sell our place. It's been on the market about a month and we have had an offer we just need a better one. We're supposed to close on our new place on May 5th which would be the week my new chicks would be about 8 weeks old. It's going to be tight but I told my wife I wasn't canceling my order. No way! 26 new chickens should be here next week sometime. I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom