Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I have no idea what day, I was thinking weekday simply because weekends are so busy..

You would most likely be coming the furthest, so you pick a day and we will see if we can work around that.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    I have an appointment in Sartell on Tuesday, should be done there by 11. It should only be about an hour drive from there, I would think? Would that work for you and anybody else?

3. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    That works great for me, We could figure noon to 1pm..

Let's make that the tentative date.... Anyone else?

4. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie in all seriousness if you do not wish to be involved with butchering the birds which you select out of the flock you should find a connection in Hmong community. There are many people there that are glad to get the birds, and they know what to do with them.
    As relates to Ole and his hanging by the edge of the flock, if I recall accurately I believe I told him the story about the young bull and the old bull. He has just modified that philosophy.

5. Dandelioness

Dandelioness Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2014
    East Central MN
    This is very true. There is some cock fighting that goes on, but the majority of the live birds are utilized for table rather than sport.

This sounds like a lot of fun! But a bunch of chicken people meeting and talking for ONLY and hour?!

I will take a rain check this time, I have no transportation during the day this week. I hope you all have fun and more of the thread participants can meet up with you. :)

6. aussiegal318

aussiegal318 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    DH wanted to order some more chicks this spring and to say the least I was all for that. I had him looking at the breeds & reminding him that we wanted cold hardy & the ability to free range. By the time he was done we would have been ordering 50 chicks (they required 5 chicks /breed)! We did widdle it down, but know he has a lesson in chicken math [​IMG]

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I do my own butchering, It just takes me a while to get up to it and I need the right weather/mindset etc.

Nameless is nearly a named bird, I called him nameless so he would not have a name, so I could eat him.

8. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    the get to gether sounds fun, but....work....maybe another time, especially if on a weekend. but pretty soon, with spring planting etc, it does get pretty busy on the weekends too!
    y'all have fun and stay out of trouble! (that means, no visits to the nearest farm/feed store with chicks....)

9. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    MN
    Hi all! I haven't checked in for a while, but thought I would say hello. I am having a hard time not ordering any chicks or eggs this spring. Our house is going on the market in 1-2 weeks, so getting ready for that. (Which means no chicks in the basement. ;) My girls haven't gone broody yet either, so no help there. Anyway, we will be farm shopping as soon as our house sells. I will get to switch from having backyard chickens, to back pasture chickens. [​IMG] Planning to start breeding once we are settled. [​IMG]

10. aussiegal318

aussiegal318 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    I'm disappointed. We didn't get any snow here in the great town of Nowthen. I was looking for one last Hoorah (and a little more moisture on the ground). I made sure everything was cleaned & ready for a real winter storm. We finally started to get a little snow around 9ish. I might have to bring the grand kids to Chanhassen in order to throw snow balls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by