Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. aussiegal318

aussiegal318 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    Lalaland- When I went to TSC, in Elk River, all they had were ducks. I haven't checked to see if Marty's has any chicks. Hmmm, think I should pop over there, scouting mission.

2. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    sleepy owl, thats very exciting! will you move your coop etc too?

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Good luck on the home sale, may it go well!

Unlike Aussiegal, I woke up to find a major snow storm had hit us! When I look out the window I see snow everywhere!

I m guessing we got up to a 1/2 inch in some places. This is so depressing. I was ready to start panting Asparagus, My old stuff has given up the battle.

I am having trouble getting a day this week to meet.

BTW rule for the meeting is bring pictures of your chicks, coops etc, NO VACATION pictures allowed and no one other than me can bring grandkid pictures, after all why would we want to look at your grandkids when we have my awesome grandkids and chicken pictures to look at......(ducking from over reaction by some)

This week is not working for Aussiegal..... I am almost free everyday what if we plan the next week? The only day that is out id Friday the 3rd that is hatch day and I need to be here to greet my new creamettes!

Lets try to plan a coffee day on here again.

We could always take a tour somewhere like Ramsey feed and ohhh and ahhh the chicks there.....

For now we were thinking Caribou coffee in Elk river....

Aussiegal:

I did not know marties ever had chicks last year when I talked to them about chicks they said they could order them and drop ship them to my home,......

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    You can all relax, I can see outside better now the major snowstorm was not as bad as I thought here. We only got 1/2 the snow or less than I previously posted!

I'm so relieved.

5. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    MN
    Thanks! I might bring the coop. We put in the disclosure that the coop is optional. It would be a pain to move, so I will be ok either way. (Hoping wherever we land has at least one barn or big shed.) Otherwise, they will have to squeeze into the chicken tractor for a couple weeks while I put up something new. I'm up to 10 girls now though, so they would be quite squished. LOL

I wouldn't mind getting together when you all plan to. I live about 20 minutes from Elk River. (I'm in Monticello.)

6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Not a stitch of snow here. Thank goodness. But cold enough to keep anything from turning green in a hurry. Oh I'd love to meet for coffee. Elk river is about 3 hours away and work during the week. --> I'm thinking of all of you guys chatting away.

Set 3 creamette eggs with a friend yesterday who has an incubator. I collected them before I set them loose with my roo. Fun to see her coop and chickens. She just got them last year and is loving her new hobby. Here is one of her little show boats tooling around the yard.

[​IMG]

This is Little Joe. He is pure eye candy.

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I just found out Monticello has a Runnings store, I need to make a trip there soon. I am about 12-15 miles from Monticello but I seldom go there... You are invited where ever and whenever we get together everyone is welcome.

BogtownChick what size are your creamette eggs mine are really small. I weighed them today and they are all 1.6 oz each. I think I only have one girl laying eggs I get one every other day. Little Joe is a good looking guy, he resembles Ed.....

I think Ed has a girlfriend that spent the night. When I went out to help Bert off his roost (he cannot get down on his own) there was a barred rock doing the walk of shame from Ed's bachelor pad. In the fresh snow I could see no tracks coming from the main coop.

Ole was already at the main coop, but to be honest I have no idea where Ole is roosting he is just one weird little bird..(sorry EJB but it is true) Did he ever hit his head on the wall hard?

8. SleepyOwl

Apr 15, 2012
    MN
    lalaland, I see you are in Pine County. I grew up in Sandstone (well in the country that has a Sandstone address). We will be moving a bit closer that way when we move. We are looking in the Princeton, Cambridge, North Branch areas. I would much rather move back to Sandstone or Hinckley, but hubby works in the cities, so that would be difficult. ;)

9. SleepyOwl

Apr 15, 2012
    MN
    Thanks! Runnings is ok. I get some of my feed there. They have pellets, and I find my chickens waste less with pellets vs the mash I was buying at the local feed store. I still buy everything else at the lfs though. ;) (Is lfs even short for local feed store? It looks weird to me, because I am on fish keeping forums also, and it stands for "local fish store".)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  10. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Well, you lucky peeps who didn't get the snow you were supposed to, we got about a foot! I think they were calling for 4-6" for us, but we are going to be running the blower here shortly so you can see the driveway again. I don't care for trapsing through this to do chores, but luckily most of my birds are inside or undercover in the runs. It will be gone in a couple of days, so not a big deal, I guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by