Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. AmericanKraut

AmericanKraut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    I like it, too!!

2. Cyrus83

Cyrus83 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    Ralphie, John Fogerty thinks wolves are cute and cuddly.

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Just cause a person can sing well, does not make one smart...

4. AmericanKraut

AmericanKraut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota

I agree for sure. Gotta wonder.

Hey, that'd be great if/when it worked out! I'd be thankful and would do my best to meet your price. I do have a flock limit on quantity before my little town here starts taking note on how many are running around but I'm determined to save room for cochin from Minnie and legbar if a can, creamette!

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I just remembered.. Trippell has a CL rooster for sale. Look back a few pages. This would be a mature rooster and you could get the blue egg gene into your chickens right away...

Tripplell is where BogtownChick and I got our creamettes, so would be same stock. I am not a show person but I think my birds from her are pretty darn nice... I think she did show them but I am not sure.

6. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    My opinion probably won't be very popular, but I disagree with commercial poultry farms. If you take away their dignity to live a life scratching in the dirt, roaming around a pasture looking for goodies to eat, with a reasonable number of birds for the size of the property, then you are just asking for compromised immune systems and problems such as this. However, I am by no means an expert. And by the way, I'm not talking about keeping breeding birds confined to a run. So don't get your feathers ruffled by some random opinion on the internet :)

My DH's family raises confinement hogs. I think it was one of the saddest moments I can remember when his Grandfather (since passed - who was so proud of his big operation) showed me his hog barns. The smell was unbearable and the pigs were shoulder to shoulder. Of course I was too polite to ever say anything to him, but I swore that we would never do that to any animal.

7. rainin22

rainin22 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2013
    St. Francis, MN
    Thanks! That sounds like a better idea. We're in Saint Francis, do you have any ideas on where we could get dirt delivered from?

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    St. Francis is a huge area.. Are you east or west of 47,, north or south of the town site itself. I know of a place if you are in the NW quadrant.

9. rainin22

rainin22 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2013
    St. Francis, MN
    We are right by the County Market in Saint Francis, near Beef o Bradys =)

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Ahh.. that is a tad far, I think, for the dirt people I would use,

The place I get that kind of stuff is between Princeton, Zimmerman and Isanti.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by