Minnesota!

Would anyone want to buy this little fella from me for $15? I think he's going to be a rooster and I'm thinking I don't want a large rooster right now, maybe later on.

Is that your salmon faverolles?

Nope, my memory is not that good, I cheated and looked back on your posts to see what breed he might be...

I would wait a while with "him". There is always a chance he will turn out to be a big combed heavy large legged she.

But I do not think I have seen a chick with such HUGE legs before, Is that normal for the breed? I know nothing about salmon faverolles.

Here's the CLBs aka creamettes chicks in a fluffier version. Darling little wee petites!
Cute attack!! *FALLS TO FLOOR*
jumpy.gif

Broodies are amazing. They chuck the duds out their back door with 100% accuracy ( at our coop any how) and then they save on the electric bill while they teach young roosters manners and hens how to forage and learn predator saaviness. The only thing tho' is the birds aren't as socialized to us if that's a drawback for you.

It may be a slight draw back, but I still like the thought of using a broody.

Is that your salmon faverolles?

Nope, my memory is not that good, I cheated and looked back on your posts to see what breed he might be...

I would wait a while with "him". There is always a chance he will turn out to be a big combed heavy large legged she.

But I do not think I have seen a chick with such HUGE legs before, Is that normal for the breed? I know nothing about salmon faverolles.
Nope, it is my lavender orpington. Two look hugeeeeeee and one smaller. And the huge ones squeek a lot lol

Good morning. We have a question/concern and not sure what to do. One of our BA hens is becoming more and more aggressive to us humans. Every chance she gets she'll fly up and peck at our hands and fingers. She only started doing this last week but she does it as often as she can. She also will follow us around with her neck stretched as high as she can and will follow us right at our heals. My youngest who is already scared of chickens is petrified.

She seems to be second in command in that flock and I'm not sure if she's tired of being # 2 or what her deal is but since this has started I've been telling Mrs. Butterworth, the leader of the pack, to get her #2 under control because I feel #2 is planning a coup. All four hens will be 1 year old in a couple of weeks.

I'm ready to send #2 (Rebecca) packing and by 'packing', I mean....

Any thoughts?

Good morning. We have a question/concern and not sure what to do. One of our BA hens is becoming more and more aggressive to us humans. Every chance she gets she'll fly up and peck at our hands and fingers. She only started doing this last week but she does it as often as she can. She also will follow us around with her neck stretched as high as she can and will follow us right at our heals. My youngest who is already scared of chickens is petrified.

She seems to be second in command in that flock and I'm not sure if she's tired of being # 2 or what her deal is but since this has started I've been telling Mrs. Butterworth, the leader of the pack, to get her #2 under control because I feel #2 is planning a coup. All four hens will be 1 year old in a couple of weeks.

I'm ready to send #2 (Rebecca) packing and by 'packing', I mean....

Any thoughts?

Rearranging pecking order is the only thing that came to my mind. Do you have a way to separate her and rearrange the pecking order? That might help but to be honest I have no clue. Your poor daughter!! I can only imagine how scary that is for her!

Back
Top Bottom