Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jailerjoe

jailerjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry Bogtown Chick. :-(

1 person likes this.
  2. FoxyChicken

FoxyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    NE MN
    My heart breaks for you Bogtown.... [​IMG]

These critters have such a way of worming their way into our hearts.

1 person likes this.
  3. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    Bogtown - I am so sorry for your loss of a special part of your family. Jasmine sounds like her family meant the world to her. Blessings for less hurt and more good memories in the near future for you and your family.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Thanks MN peeps. (Hugs back.) She was treated for anaplasmosis this winter and had some weird neurological things going on this spring. And we thought we had a good plan. But I think it was out of our hands --the problem. She just saved us the "last trip" to the vet is all and went out on her own terms. Thank you all. You're great people on here. Time to dig a hole on "boot hill".

5. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    Turkeys are on their way! They shipped from Meyer last night (OH) and the tracking says to expect them on Saturday? It couldn't possibly take that long, right??? I decided to order from Meyer instead because their minimum was 5.

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Two little fuzzy poults, no other pips (that I can see).

How long can a hatch last? I have 6 more turkey eggs they are suppose to hatch tomorrow, when do I consider them worthless?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    I have my first successful incubator hatch!! 4 eggs have hatched 1 pipped and 2 more cheeping and 1 that's not doing anything... I dont know how but I got a white chick out of a Welsummer roo and I think a BO hen...

[​IMG]

8. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Cute chicks Holms!

I just had a guy come to my door that wanted to give me some chickens and ducks. When I told him I did not want them as I had no place to quarantine them right now and the AI has me a little nervous about bringing in new birds he seemed put off and left....

Unbelievable, but he is not a chicken person, I don't think. I do not really know him, he is just a neighbor 5-6 miles away and he knew I had birds.

Just goes to show us how little non-poultry people know about us bird folks.

1 person likes this.
  9. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Bogtown Chick, I am so sorry! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Cearbhael

Cearbhael Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2015
    I had an Arab filly who was running a fever. Our vet sent in a blood test for Lymes. After she recovered we got the test back and it was positive! My vet was really blown away because she rallied and got well on normal antibiotics that normally don't help with Lymes. I think she had a strong immune system.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by