Minnesota!

sorry everyone I can't get over how cute these little things are and they are so energetic and crazy I love them so much ahhhhh!!!

T

The colleague who sold the eggs to me told me thay are standard but not the breed. I suppose I have to hunt her down at some point ... Any thoughts what breed these gals are?

Last edited:

3rd night in their coop, they looooove it!

Can't quite see from the photo, but looks like you may have lucked out in the pullet department with the d'Uccle babies you got from me earlier this month. They are plenty old by now to be able to tell. By about 5-6 weeks the males get a significantly larger and redder comb while the females' combs stay yellowish and tight to the forehead for a long time (until like 9 weeks when they might pink a little and it's usually a good 12 weeks before they get any significant color in the comb on pullets). Sorry to hear about your favorelles. All of the others from that batch are doing well from the reports I have gotten. Here's hoping your last one is a pullet. Did I see you got some more from someone locally? I saw you got some super cute polish. Are they bantam? Polish babies might just be one of the cutest things ever. I got some this year too for my own flock. I sat and stared at them for a long time each night before bed. They are out in the brooder house now that it's warm enough and I can't sit in front of the brooder in my jammies anymore.

I had an Arab filly who was running a fever. Our vet sent in a blood test for Lymes. After she recovered we got the test back and it was positive! My vet was really blown away because she rallied and got well on normal antibiotics that normally don't help with Lymes. I think she had a strong immune system.

Many of the animals up here will test positive for Lyme or other tick disease antibodies and fight it off naturally. My vet won't even run the test and charge unless my dog has symptoms. He says it's almost certainly going to be positive around here. As it turned out we had our first symptoms this winter. He gave a call tonight to chat about what happened. That guy is pure gold.

Bogtown, I'm so sorry.  The love of a good dog is a hard thing to lose.

Thank you LaLa. Your words are much appreciated.

It's been such a long day. I'm heading to bed.

In the time it took to type the last post, I am a slow typist, it went from partially unzipped to this:

I am so glad I caught my mistake on the dating of these eggs, I almost left them in the incubator until the 8th. As you can see I marked them the 8th. I am thinking my DW was distracting me at the moment. Maybe she was thinking it looked like I had a new incubator.

Last edited:
Thanks MN peeps. (Hugs back.) She was treated for anaplasmosis this winter and had some weird neurological things going on this spring. And we thought we had a good plan. But I think it was out of our hands --the problem. She just saved us the "last trip" to the vet is all and went out on her own terms. Thank you all. You're great people on here. Time to dig a hole on "boot hill".
Sorry for your loss, I don't know what I would do if I lost any of my dogs. I am still dreading the day that happens. They're all young and I've never experienced having a dog die before =(

Back
Top Bottom