Minnesota!

I candled my 55 eggs. 4 blood rings and 1 clear!!
263a.png

Bummer on the bad candling, maybe they will spring to live this week.

I have turkey eggs pipped and wiggling, fingers crossed I get a hatch.

I put my toads, turkeys and creamettes into the tractor today I put in 2 weeks worth of hatches, a miserable rate of hatch., 20 birds for 2 hatches.

The youngest into the tractor were hatched Saturday. I tried to bond a broody EE to them, I failed miserably. Oh Well. I have a heat light in the brooder part of the tractor. I have it on a water heater thermostat. I was surprised it does not hold a more constant temp, it comes on at 96 and goes off at 110. Which while high is just fine for an outdoor box. The chicks will move away from the heat as needed.

The toads are so active for 5 day od chicks, they were outside chasing the 2 week od turkeys, drinking water and scratching.

The creamettes are just relaxing under the sun lamp getting a tan, not a one of them went outside.

Last edited:
I'm also from MN, practically next to the Wisconsin border. I have Barred Rocks, Red Sex-Links, Black Sex-Links, and White Leghorns, also will be getting New Hampshires this Saturday!

My flock:

Nice flock, Wecome to the thread ( my putor sometimes skips the L. after a terrible pea soup incident)
Thanks! Those accidents that somehow screw up everything up! I certainly hope the weather warms up soon, my New Hampshires pullets are going to be about ten weeks, so I can put them in with my other flock.

Back
Top Bottom