Minnesota!

My wife says she did not talk to anyone. We have two homes on the farm here, My very very elderly mother lives in the other home, She uses our phone as she is only here during summer months. She lives in my Florida house in the winter.

You might have talked to her, if you did, I will never know about it.

But your very welcome

I must have talked to her. So here. Thanks for directions today!
smile.png

Thanks!!!
You are welcome
smile.png

We had tried introducing the goslings to the brooding goose but we were unsuccessful. She was not at all happy to see them by her. The gander, however, was very interested in them. He was totally hanging out by them and checking them out but in a good way. I will try again tomorrow. She has been nesting for a month now. The eggs if they were going to hatch should have been yesterday. Any tips from those of you that successfully put in chicks to broodies got any pointers for me? Totally winging it over here.

Hey all been away from the forum the past few days been busy in the fields and busy getting moved into our new home. Update on my chicks they are doing great and have started to become more comfortable around me which is a huge plus
1f609.png
. As I stated were moving to a new house and the tote I have been brooding them in our old house has quickly become a litle tight for them and I am going to move them in the brooder I built for them which will be the perfect size up.until they move to the coop.

Now as Im sure some of you know we will have a bit of a cold snap again... nights in the low 30's. Will they be okay in my garage (draft free) with a 250watt heat bulb? During the days it will pop up again in temp.

Thank you, Mike

Mike, I don't have experience with heat bulbs as I've never used them. However, we have brooded our two batches of chicks in our unheated greenhouse. We used a Sweeter Heater once and are currently using a cave made out of an old heating blanket. The chicks did just fine and the temps got down to the teens, I believe. I wouldn't worry about it!

Last edited:
I use a beat bulb, it helps keep the chicks warm, and if you aren't foster mothering them then it should be a yes if you are not going to use another heat source

Well, Minnesotans. Hope you all had good weekends. I was able to get the smallest chickens moved out to the coop in their own private area, I spent hours upon hours weeding (no kidding - my hands are cut, swollen, and so sore!), and we got some more plants in the ground. Now off to turn some of this rhubarb into muffins. I'll bet I have 20 lbs or so in the garden to make use of!

Back
Top Bottom