Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Mike they'll be fine. I brooded in the garage and there were some cooler days. On extra cooler nights I partially covered the wire top of the brooder with a bath towel to help hold in heat. And of course left an opening with safe margins for the brooder light to warm. How many weeks are the chicks? They might have enough feathers to help with keeping warm as well. Once the body is feathered they're doing quite a bit on their own to keep warm.

2. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Nordic your Extra Roos will make themselves known one by one who will not be part of your flock. Sounds like #1 has been marked. Our. First 9 birds we had 3 cockerels. #1 was a partridge rock who I really wanted to keep too btw. But even though he was good to us humans he incessantly terrorized the hens. And then i'd see the flock sneaking away from him. #2 was a bantam Cochin and a little love some days. Son of a gun other days. He was great with the kids but made Roger our natural leader run all day long. The boys competed too much and I had bare back hens. Tough decision but he went bye bye too. My husband thought he was great and put in his unwanted two cents. What was left was a New Hampshire with great predator detecting instincts, family friendliness. He's actually like a family dog. Comes into the kitchen and goes to the cracker cupboard, gets his treat and before he poops in the house we kick him out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today we had special visitors. They backed right into the garage while it rained outside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Hi Bogtown, sweet puppies [​IMG]

4. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Hi erlibird! Thank you. Just the one will be ours.

5. Wild Child

Wild Child Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2015
    Dakota County Mn
    Proud to be in Minnesotta too!

6. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    [​IMG] and to the Minnesota thread.

7. Wild Child

Wild Child Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2015
    Dakota County Mn
    Thankyou.

8. HA!!! Finally had a decent haul of three eggs after one a day and less!! Three eggs all at once!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got so excited I dropped two!! [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Welcome @Wild Child !! I really enjoy the minnesota thread. Lots of friendly folks here with loads of knowledge! My favorite thread by far! So what kind of chickens do you have?

That sounds like something I would do!! HAHA congrats on your eggs though! Gotta love when the girls finally all work on the same day! ;)

@Bogtown Chick LOVE your pictures! Made me smile to see your roo in the kitchen. Too cute! And those pups! How nice!

1 person likes this.
  10. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Got three news chicks today, hoping momma stays on the nest and hatches the rest of the eggs! my puter is being dumb and won't let me post pics [​IMG] but they are super cute :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by