Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG] BC I love them!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Welcome to your new favorite social media Wild Child. Lol.
    The BlanchRanch that's too funny and awesome that the girls are picking up the pace for you too!
    Thanks all on the pup pictures. These are DHs hunting buddy's dogs and he brought them over to show the kids. What a treat. They are 1 1/2 weeks old so still pretty fresh. Momma picked up on the chicken scent around and lucky her master remembered I had chickens right off and kept her in the truck. She's a hunter! Lol. Sadie is a love and were looking forward to her being with us in another 6 weeks.

Birds are looking glorious free ranging in that new lush green tropical like woods. Nows the time to grow coconut trees!

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  3. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Today I got an egg from my CX. Its either fertilized by my new splash Cochin or my Welsummer. Put it under a broody that already has eggs but she can have it till she hatches her eggs the first week in June. Then I'll put it in the bator.

4. Awesome pics, thanks for sharing, BC. Always love looking at puppies.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cearbhael

Cearbhael Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2015
    Ha ha Ralphie he had to have been in my neck of the woods yesterday! It rained so much and so hard! Lots of lightning and thunder!! Today too! Grumbling and rumbling, and poured so hard and for so long our little babbling brook is roaring!!

6. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Until I built my brooder house, all our chicks were brooded in an unheated but insulated garage and we start hatching in January, so I think you will be fine. Just make sure that the heat lamp is WELL secured and adjusted so that they are comfortable.

7. Wild Child

Wild Child Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2015
    Dakota County Mn
    Rhetts: I have two Light Brahma, Two Silver Laces Wyandottes, Two Auracaunas, a Black Star, a Golden Laced Wyandotte, and a little itty-bitty Serama roo. I'm also looking to add a few Cochin Silkie, or Orpington hens so if any of you guys have some any of these guys for sale give me a shout![​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  8. AmericanKraut

AmericanKraut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    Welcome Wild Child! :frow

9. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    I really recently saw cochin silkies on Craigslist, maybe peek to see if they're still there :cd You have a lovely flock of breeds!

10. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    Those with Cream Legbars (The cool crowd calls the Creamettes here right?) how often are you getting eggs? I'm at about one a week, two at the rare most. She was full-grown when I got her so I'm not sure on her age. Just curious if she's winding down getting old, or just a usual thing for her breed. She's penned with a rooster she adores and they make a racket of mayhem when they're apart. Not sure if that affects her laying. If I'm around them for the day, I see him jazzing it up with her once if at all. She has no signs of feather loss from that or otherwise. Bright eyes and clear nose and legs and healthy. I won't do her in even if she stops laying, she's a sweetie.

And does anyone with Australorps have them laying all winter? I heard they do at about 5 a week but wonder if that includes Minnesota winters. Mine are about 14 weeks so they have awhile to go yet before laying anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by