Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    I wonder if the weasel may have gotten the kittens? :(

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I had him scheduled to go on the 19th, but the bugger ran off for 5 days and then when he got back, I couldn't get him in the cage I needed to. I think he knew ;)
    Bringing cats anywhere the house is not going to happen. I have the 3 dogs who, along with loving to kill chickens, hate and kill cats. In fact, the cats get fed on the porch of my brooder house and the dogs go nuts when they see them out there. Nature will take its course until I can get both cats in to be fixed. I am hoping I can get him done this week because I don't care to know he is killing little kittens either.

3. Minniechickmama

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I doubt it. The cat had her babies hidden in the big granary where she has been living/sleeping since last fall. They come out to see me when I do chicken chores, but they are basically wild/domesticate cats. I don't see why the weasel would have any reason to go in that building, there are not rodents since there hasn't been a food source there for quite some time. We are converting it into a workshop/woodworking place.

4. Minniechickmama

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Protein should be minimum of 20% chicks in the beginning, but at that age 18% works fine for mine. But that being said, Yes, the do target certain breeds. When I had Polish, all the others pecked their heads clean of feathers around the top, so they looked like those monks with the funny haircuts. The tail pecking happens to just certain breeds for me too. Usually the Buckeyes and the Cochins, and they will peck those until they are dead and disemboweled. Raising animals is so gross, isn't it?

5. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG]

Gotta love goslings!! The farthest back is Anna and the front is Bully it was a good name since he loved to bite people.

2 people like this.
  6. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Looky looky! Two weeks old tomorrow!!!

[​IMG]

And a pic with their "sibling". Mama cat takes all the ducklings to her nest at night. Its a good thing she had the kittens in the coop.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    Oh, how sweet! Love the Goslings and the kittens! Must be some Siamese blood in them :)

8. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    That is SO SWEET!! I love it :)

9. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

Thanks. I know that the dad is an orange tabby and the mom is black with gray tips on her hair and whit belly.

10. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG]

Went out and got a pic. This is what she does. One duckling was under her and the other were under the chicks.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    3 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by