Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Thanks Ralphie-What will the toms do if she comes back with poults? Do they help rear or will they try to kill them? Should I let her continue to free range or should I confine her (something that hasn't happened at all in 10 months)?

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Mine kind of ignored them at first, but after a few days he considered them part of the flock. NOT that a tom really protects anything, they are too busy strutting their stuff.

3. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    We added to our farm today. 2 feeder pigs. The kids (and DH) are excited (for now). We will see how this goes and if we will do it again in future years. I raised pigs on a small scale as a teen so I am excited too to have some again. We will be spending the next few days reinforcing fencing before they are let out to pasture. Good times.

4. aussiegal318

aussiegal318 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    Hey MinnesotaNice, due to hatchery SNAFU, I ended up with 28 chicks. I had ordered all pullets but after 2 partial deliveries, who knows if they are or not. I had an order for 6 different breeds, but only recieved 3, Black Astrolorp, Speckled Sussex, & Production Reds. They are almost 4 wks and have been in the house. PM me if you want some, or anyone else.

5. aussiegal318

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    Congratulations!! (happy dance)[​IMG]

6. aussiegal318

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    I love this picture, goes to show a mama is a mama no matter the species ;) Such a good Mama.

7. aussiegal318

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    When I first looked at that chick, all I thought of was Angry Birds. And yes we know yu are crazy.

1 person likes this.
  8. aussiegal318

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    @Bogtown Chick hoping for the best with Fern. Anytime the beak count doesn't come out right, I'm out there looking. Often my daughter's dog has scared a chicken over the fence & they just hunker down for the night.

9. aussiegal318

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    So when I turned on the computer tonight, I realized that I never closed out of BYC from last Tues. I was trying to catch up before Hubby went back into surgery. Guess that didn't happen. DH went in for same day surgery on his right kidney & ended up staying a week. Right now I'm killing time until the next IV @ midnight.

My chicks grew so much in that time! And my pretty Welsummer hen has gone broody. I was thinking about tucking a couple of blue eggs under her, and selling off some of the hatchery chicks. I really would rather have chicks from Minnies stock if I have a choice. Not too sure where I would mover her to.

10. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota

Agreed! This is such a great picture! I don't know if it gets much better....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by