Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. AmericanKraut

AmericanKraut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    So beautiful!!

2. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota

Congratulations!! So happy for you! He's beautiful. Had you in my prayers. Wishing you a healthy and easy recovery!

3. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    @Minniechickmama I'm so sorry to hear those weasels are still at it. I haven't been in the thread awhile and popped in and saw that. It's so sad and has to be unbelievably frustrating. You've had one heck of a spring between the hatches and this. I hope those blasted things are done for soon. Wish I knew some kind of answer.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  4. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    The "Chicken Beast", as I've fondly named it, is 12x9. I'm very thankful for the size! Right now the poor chickens look at me like....GET ME OUT OF THIS TRANSITION CAGE! I was going to mention something about all of the Roos I ended up with to the hatchery, but I don't even know if it's worth my time. I'll probably just end up with some more Roo chicks. It looks like I'll have 10 healthy hens, so I can't complain. Next Spring, I'll get more chicks and go about it a bit differently. That, or I'll just purchase some adult hens. I'm actually considering getting a pair of Khaki Cambells. We'll see.

I'm sorry about Fern. I hope you see her strolling up with a string of chicks in tow in a few weeks.

5. scandiafowl

scandiafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

In the nick of time the coop is done, other than some cosmetic work and installation of larger windows. A neighbor sold some hay to us and I created a small "enclosure", although fhey have free run of the coop. Didn't sleep well last night, was almost going to get out my gear and camp in the coop!

6. scandiafowl

Apr 16, 2015
    Minnesota
    @Bogtown Chick

Major bummer about Fern. Am still hoping you'll post a photo with her and a dozen mini-Ferns in a few weeks.

1 person likes this.
  7. scandiafowl

Apr 16, 2015
    Minnesota
    Scandia in the house! ... Or coop, better said.

8. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    So it has been 24 days since I have last seen my turkey hen. How many more days would be needed for incubation? And would she bring them right home after they hatch or wait a few days? Of course that is me being optimistic that she hasn't become dinner to some predator and is setting on some eggs that are fertile and that she would bring them here instead of living wild. Too much to be hoping for?

9. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    These little "pullets" are off to their new homes. Good luck little guys : (

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice work on the coop, Scandia! Looking awesome!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    It is 28 days to hatch and I would think she would bring them back within a day or two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by