Minnesota!

Minni where are you located and how much are you asking? I know someone who might be interested in the cochins
I am just north of Rochester.
I did get someone on e-mail today who wants some Blacks. I have a few more than that to go though. I know I have some Blues that aren't going to stay, and probably a few Blacks too. I have plenty of cockerels right now. I am planning to take a load of the boys out to sell this week. As long as I know someone wants some of them, i will hold some of the best ones of the bunch that I won't be keeping. I am probably holding one or two from last season, so I am looking at keeping just 2 or 3 of the ones form this year's hatching.

If the real estate ad was saying "hobby farm" I'd ask them what sort of "Farm" are they talking about when its promoting something NOT permitted by zoning! Also maybe the city counsel isn't as hostile as the law suggests. I'd check with them personally. I was on my counsel for five years, and had chickens... though the old laws said "no poultry or livestock". Our town has a different attitude than when the law was written, but we don't want to pay the huge lawyer feeds just to change a few words! So we live & let live... and "ignore" the written "law". When some nosey trouble maker starts making noise THEN the town counsel will finally take the time & money to change the law to make the law fit the town's attitudes. :D Just giving this insight.

I forgot price. The $8-12 depending on age and if they want the better ones or just for backyard enjoyment.
Minnesota poultry breeder? Can I ask what part of the state? Geographically I'm looking for someone in the Southwestern part who I could purchase hens from next spring. Just wanting some middle-of-the-road layers. Nothing fancy. Saw your post about your prices.

Oh Minnie. Ive tossed around those buff silkies around in my mind a couple times since ive read your post. Ive got one roo so I'm good there but. If they're hens... forgive my green hornedness on silkies but do they need heat in the winter due to their different feathers?

Oh Minnie. Ive tossed around those buff silkies around in my mind a couple times since ive read your post. Ive got one roo so I'm good there but. If they're hens... forgive my green hornedness on silkies but do they need heat in the winter due to their different feathers?

My silkies have always done great with our Minnesota winters and I've never provided any source of heat.

Silkies do fine with a good space. I don't provide heat and I have even run some with large breeds through winter that were outside (coop available but not locked in) before. I have had them for 4 winters and no issues with hardiness.
I have a couple of pullets and some hens to get rid of, but the rest are roosters I will take to my cull place if they don't get bought soon. You are pretty far north though, aren't you? I am heading to Hutchinson for the show the 25th though. Not sure how much room for extras I will have though. These aren't great quality, I wouldn't show them in open. But if you are just look for ornament birds, they are fine.

Hey Everybody - Just wanted to let you all know that we've got 3 extra beautiful 4 month old Wellsummer Roos (From Minniechick Mama/Prairie Chick Poultry) that we plan to cull along with our meatbirds in about a month. They are such beautiful and easy going guys though that I just thought I'd put it out there in case anyone in central MN is looking for a great roo. We are in Motley and you would have to pick up. They have been free range since 6 weeks of age. I can get pics together if anyone is interested - PM me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom