Minnesota!

Any guesses on what my rooster is? Where it looks grey/white on his neck and side is actually a lemon yellow color. When I bought him, he was supposed to be an Americauna and a "she". I read that what is sold is not true Ameraucanas but rather EEs so I assumed he was that and how his name became Easter. Now I'm not sure he's even an EE. No muff, wrong comb type...

An Easter Egg chicken (EE) is any chicken that possesses the "blue egg" gene. So your rooster may show none of characteristics of an Ameraucana, but could still be an EE.

Thank you Minniechickmomma for our new little additions to the flock. We got them home late this afternoon. They sure are pretty! The kids are in love already. "Dixie" and "Tilly" are roosting on their stick right now and were given some of our grass and clover to get used to our soil up here. They are pretty darn cute. They get quite the response! Had to stop at Fleet Farm and a lady in the parking lot retraced her steps while I had my hatchback open to come see them. Thought they were beautiful. My husband's response, "Oh my God."
gig.gif

And Thank you Triplell for hauling them up from Hutchinson and for my tour of your Chicken Barn. Loved the Cochins and the Cream Legbars and your Australorps. Beautiful.
hugs.gif

Thank you Minniechickmomma for our new little additions to the flock. We got them home late this afternoon. They sure are pretty! The kids are in love already. "Dixie" and "Tilly" are roosting on their stick right now and were given some of our grass and clover to get used to our soil up here. They are pretty darn cute. They get quite the response! Had to stop at Fleet Farm and a lady in the parking lot retraced her steps while I had my hatchback open to come see them. Thought they were beautiful. My husband's response, "Oh my God."
gig.gif

And Thank you Triplell for hauling them up from Hutchinson and for my tour of your Chicken Barn. Loved the Cochins and the Cream Legbars and your Australorps. Beautiful.
hugs.gif
I am glad they have a home where they will get lots of attention. The one will look better once she grows in her new feathers. She was pretty feisty out in the flock. The fluffier headed one is a pretty calm bird. I am glad your family is enjoying them, and hubby will too in time ;) If he needs a good manbird, you can get some Buckeyes from me LOL

An Easter Egg chicken (EE) is any chicken that possesses the "blue egg" gene. So your rooster may show none of characteristics of an Ameraucana, but could still be an EE.
The muffs and beard and blue eggs are all traits of pure Ameraucana. Cochins1088 is right about what makes an Easter Egger. They can look like any breed or not look like any specific breed, it is a mutt, to put it bluntly.
You do need to read the fine print if you are looking for Ameraucanas from a hatchery as well because they will use that as the 'breed name' then below in small lettering explain they are Easter Egg chickens. This is confusing to many people and I really would love it if they would just label them as Easter Eggers to begin with.
All that being said, He is a beautiful boy!!! I love the contrast of the rusty red against the blue! He looks nice and healthy too.

Minnie: I was expecting molting birds given their age...so no worries there. We noticed she was quite flighty and she got loose outside twice on us...LOL. was able to get her though...We'll work on her to let her know all is well. And yes...the more hooded one was very calm. They are adorable. Lady's response at Fleet Farm was priceless and fun. I was all puffed up... hahaha...

The chickens are my gig...so whatever DH says about what I bring home falls on deaf ears anyways...LOL.

Minnie: I was expecting molting birds given their age...so no worries there. We noticed she was quite flighty and she got loose outside twice on us...LOL. was able to get her though...We'll work on her to let her know all is well. And yes...the more hooded one was very calm. They are adorable. Lady's response at Fleet Farm was priceless and fun. I was all puffed up... hahaha...

The chickens are my gig...so whatever DH says about what I bring home falls on deaf ears anyways...LOL.
thumbsup.gif

Thank you Minniechickmomma for our new little additions to the flock. We got them home late this afternoon. They sure are pretty! The kids are in love already. "Dixie" and "Tilly" are roosting on their stick right now and were given some of our grass and clover to get used to our soil up here. They are pretty darn cute. They get quite the response! Had to stop at Fleet Farm and a lady in the parking lot retraced her steps while I had my hatchback open to come see them. Thought they were beautiful. My husband's response, "Oh my God." :gig And Thank you Triplell for hauling them up from Hutchinson and for my tour of your Chicken Barn. Loved the Cochins and the Cream Legbars and your Australorps. Beautiful. :hugs
Bogtown Chick you are so welcome on the tour, and was great to finally be able to put a face to the name. I am vey proud of my flock of many breeds. My dad made the same comment "Om my God", he had never felt such a soft bird. He did like them a lot. It was so nice of to give the apple crisp pie and card. That was very thoughtful of you, and delicious too. Minniechickmomma, It was so nice to meet you finally. The pullets enjoyed a peaceful night, they will get moved to the cochin coop on Monday. But until then they then have a chance to get used to the light, feeding and chore times. They will make nice additions to the Cochin pens. Come Spring I will be in the market for a white cockerel plus some White or Black Bantams. The show was way more than I expected. I will be saving my money for next years. I thoroughly enjoyed picking everyone's brain on their birds of choice.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom