Minnesota!

Thanks Bogtown. She has switched nestboxes now, I hope she stays broody. It's too soon I shouldn't have gotten so eggcited.

Lala give me that broody
love.gif

According to that map, there are only 4 wild cases of AI.  Interesting.

Well, the facts are: This strain is one Turkeys are very vulnerable to,
Yes, most hard hit are the over crowded Turkey operations. Closed flocks yes, but obviously bio security was compromised.
Yes, MN has had a lot of large Turkey operations hit.
I would be watchful about letting wild Turkeys on your property.
I think most well kept closed flock backyard operations that practice common sense and good bio security are fairly safe. I am NOT SURE how having Turkeys in a mixed flock affects the odds of being affected. I, for one, am very leery about Turkeys, being they are so susceptible to this stain of AI.
As I stated before, Don't panic, follow common sense, follow good biosecurity, and pray to the Chicken Gods (hope they don't ask for the sacrifice of a virgin pullet)

Yeah, thankfully I moved away from by Watford City ND, and moved to a tiny town called Richardton, and that's when my parents decided to let me have chickens.

Y
Yeah, thankfully I moved away from by Watford City ND, and moved to a tiny town called Richardton, and that's when my parents decided to let me have chickens.

Yes, welcome. I thought I saw a N Dakota thread, but this MN thread is very active and we are a chatty and friendly bunch of folk! I believe we would welcome S Dakota peeps, Wisconsin cheeseheads, and Iowa folk too. We are just friendly like that. Besides, folks here who are in a hurry to marry RIGHT NOW, run off to S Dakota and Iowa. So we have connections.

That's a tough question
I just got these chicks
4 Barred Rock pullets
5 White Californians pullets
5 Ameracaunas pullets
5 Silver Laced Wyanndote Pullets
The rest of these are older
5 Variety for Chantecler hens
2 Ameracauna hen
1 Campine hen
2 Buff Chantecler crossed with Partridge Chantecler Roosters
1 Buff Chantecler crossed with Partridge Chantecler Hen