Minnesota!

Hey Everyone..

I am in my house in Florida finally!

No the renter is not completely gone, he sti has stuff here. BUT I am seeping here. so that is good!

Grats on the baby...

My wife sent me a picture of yesterdays hatch. I need help identifying this one. I have an idea, but think I am wrong...

Very adorable, Ralphie! Makes me want a million more!

I have one that looks similar - not sure what it is as it's a barnyard mix. It's the most awkward growing chick I've ever seen. LOL:

I did my eggtopsy today. All eggs dead... But one. It was an EE egg and it had fully absorebed the yoke sac and most of it veins but could not pip. Is this scissor beak or different deformity??

Hi Everybody. I last was on here 90 posts ago. But I read through all 90 like a Breeze. You all are so entertaining and never a dull moment.

Congrats holm on the new bator chicks. Sorry for some of the losses and deformities...eek.

Dandilioness congrats on your beautiful boy. I hope everything is turning around again and back to normal after the gestational diabetes. You did good there momma.

Minnesota Nice that coop is coming along. How big is it?! It looks roomy and I tell you what...you're going to appreciate that. What bad luck on all those extra roos. Definitely should talk to the hatchery that sexed out those pullets...but then sometimes people just don't care. How frustrating.

Minnie sorry about the kittens and weasel still on the loose. Hope all is going well on the chicken front anyways.

Ralphie. Sweet dreams in your florida house while you clean out the remains of renter ruins. Cute and interesting chick/poult whatever you have there. About the Egg customer...I would say he has burned his bridges. I would think that after not answering calls that would have been my first, " you can take a long walk on a short dock " attitude for him. Yeah...at $2.50 for those precious eggs you don't need to do anybody special favors. They can just come to you. The gall.

Foxy your pictures are just a fun little view of what has to be an exciting time in your coop. Your broody Momma looks to be just the best. I'm sure you're so proud of her....love it.

Well still no Fern.
I think she is gone by predator or she'll turn up in about 14 more days with a string of chicks, like you said Minnie...but I had no inkling or bick bicking noise out of her before she disappeared. Do you think it's possible she wouldn't show outward signs of broodiness prior to going broody? I mean Dixie, the silkie is so obvious in her signs and symptoms..... hard to say. What's weird is the day I lost her she dropped an egg in the lawn...I can't remember if I mentioned this or not. I thought it was a puff ball mushroom at first and then walked over and picked it up and here it was a precious blue egg. The dragon flies hatched today and so the crew was out mowing those guys down. I don't really like that they eat the dragon flies, our comrades against evil mosquitos....but I must admit it does my heart good to see them getting the natural protein and foraging for the stuff that is so good for them.

Roger has been a love lately....good to the kids willing to be picked up and cuddled. I think in some respects we are giving him more attention due to a missing dog around here. And my BA Holly who follows me around we've been nick-naming the "puppy dog." Kids: "Hey Mom...there's your Puppy dog, Holly." LOL.

4 more weeks until the real one gets here. Ohhh...gosh I don't want to go through the training bit...as cute as she is...but we need her....

It's such a busy time of year and i'll check in when I can. Graduations, gardens, chickens, wrapping up spring sports....Gosh it's nuts. I wrote down our schedule for this week for the family and I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. I need another set of legs arms, another car, a new brain....

Back
Top Bottom