Minnesota!

It's not raining here but it's cool and very humid. Thick clouds. I might try putting up the plastic on the run, if DH will give me a hand. He's spreading fresh rock on the driveway right now so we'll have to wait and see.

coffee with chicory ought to gain at least 1000 points. Not many people can abide by chicory! The more I have it the more I like it. Guess that's good for the zombie apocalyspe - now I just need to know what chicory looks like so I boil the correct root!!!

speaking of zombie apocalyse - got my t-shirt!

My brother orders the Community Coffee so I drink it when I visit him maybe I should order it myself.

Where did you find the tee shirt? I love it!

Spoke to soon it's raining
1f621.png

Without making a political statement, the political and ethical dealings of a business affects my spending choices.
REI closed the day after Thanksgiving? Awesome.
Chick-filet closed every Sunday so their folks can be home? Awesome.
Hobby Lobby suing because of birth control? Not so.

And don't get me started on Wal-Mart.

As much as I am able to do so financially I'll let my dollars reflect my values.

I think it's a good idea to let our conscience guide our spending.

I'm sitting in my truck at the farmers market waiting for the rain to stop... I think I wasted a trip to town. I am going to have to hustle eggs this week!
Does Owatonna have a FB group for selling stuff locally? I advertise on our Zumbrota group for eggs sometimes.

anybody here make sauerkraut?
My husband usually does, but we only had 4 heads of cabbage this year. I don't know why or how, but the cabbage I planted, nothing came up or if it did the dang cottontails ate it before I saw it - I think it just didn't come up though. We had 4 heads I bought from the greenhouse as started plants and they were wonderful. I like to plant Late Flat Dutch for kraut. We tried the red one year but it is just different and we won't do it again. We just had some with brats and ham last week. We are getting low, so I really regret we didn't get any done this year. It sure is getting to be soup and casserole (hot dish for you true MeennasOtans) weather. We like tossing a bunch of meats, usually pork and sausages into the slow cooker for colder days. I should make some chili this weekend though, and fresh corn bread. Mmmm. Then again, I froze a bunch of pumpkin, it may be time for our annual batch of Hot and Sour Pumpkin with Shrimp Toast. Yum Yum Yum!!!!

We see that on occasion. Seems like it gets an extra coating of something and is always on the smaller eggs
I have had some hens who laid like that, and it is their regular color/coating. I do think it is something to do with how the egg is formed at the end and puts a heavy coat something. Not bloom though, it doesn't wash off.

Bed.
Ate a wonderful eggs, avocado and toast breakfast.
Realized that my chickens have the same gait as a velociraptor.
You need to watch some of the purebred Cornish when they are about 5-months old or some of the Oriental game breeds. Now THOSE look and SOUND like a velociraptor (sounds according to JP 3 where they 3D print its vocal chamber). If you spend enough time with a flock of males, and a flock of turkeys, you will hear almost all the sounds they used in those movies.

coffee with chicory ought to gain at least 1000 points. Not many people can abide by chicory! The more I have it the more I like it. Guess that's good for the zombie apocalyspe - now I just need to know what chicory looks like so I boil the correct root!!!

speaking of zombie apocalyse - got my t-shirt!

Chickory is a wildflower, smaller leaves, with a whitishness on the green of the plant with blue flower. I know it grows along the roads in a lot of places I have been in the Eastern half of the country.
Spoke to soon it's raining
1f621.png

It has just been gloomy here all day. Went to the library to pick up movies for my daughter and I to binge on later since she is too old to trick or treat and wanted something to do.
I am heading out once I am caught up here, only 63 posts to go through today.
I am giving up on doing anything but chores today and will resume the push to finish for winter prep tomorrow when it is supposed to be 66 and sunny. DH just got home this morning from being gone since Monday morning, and he leaves again Monday morning for the week again, so I should spend a little time with him too, which will likely mean putting straw on garlic after we spread wood chips, or maybe getting the rest of the tomato and pepper garden laid to rest.

Back
Top Bottom