Minnesota!

An odd sad day here. We had a predator take Fleur my Easter Egger. 3 piles of her feathers. She was plucked then carried away. Not a great death. She wasn't laying eggs any more. And she really wasn't a bird in the forefront with a whole lot of character or should I say...she was just sorta shy and had a space of her own in my flock. She did, I notice and have mentioned before, groom the rooster all the time. He'd bow his head to her and she'd carefully whittle away the feather casings on his head or pick a speck of something near his eye or beak that he couldn't get. He always counted on her and trusted her to do that for him. I found a few pictures of her. A petit little EE with white and Black penciled feathers. She came to us adopted from friends who didn't want to winter their chickens and I took her in with 2 other brooder mate sisters. We'll miss our Fleur. God speed chook.

There you go Birdie. A little immortalization on the big chicken website. RIP.
She was lovely. So sorry for your loss.
sad.png

Last edited:
Funny one:
So my husband and I were out walking the yard and yapping. I was telling him that since I took Cluck-Cluck's pinless peepers off I have to keep a close eye on her, (she is a terrible feather picker) I said "hopefully she doesn't start plucking Mothers feathers out or i'll have to put the peepers back on her" My husband said "yeah, she is a Mother plucker."
gig.gif

An odd sad day here. We had a predator take Fleur my Easter Egger. 3 piles of her feathers. She was plucked then carried away. Not a great death. She wasn't laying eggs any more. And she really wasn't a bird in the forefront with a whole lot of character or should I say...she was just sorta shy and had a space of her own in my flock. She did, I notice and have mentioned before, groom the rooster all the time. He'd bow his head to her and she'd carefully whittle away the feather casings on his head or pick a speck of something near his eye or beak that he couldn't get. He always counted on her and trusted her to do that for him. I found a few pictures of her. A petit little EE with white and Black penciled feathers. She came to us adopted from friends who didn't want to winter their chickens and I took her in with 2 other brooder mate sisters. We'll miss our Fleur. God speed chook. She had a moment of fame on BYC with this picture of her and her sisters flamingo-ing on the BYC Carousel. She was near Roger a lot in my photos...That I've seen. She always catered to him...even though she wasn't one of his faves. Every loyal. And then she would do a surprising stunt every now and then. LOL There you go Birdie. A little immortalization on the big chicken website. RIP.
:-( How sad. I'm sorry. And I love the photo of the three together.

Last edited:
Bogtown, I'm so sorry about your little ee.

I lost a hen today too - a buff orpington.
spent the day in the hosp with my daughter, grandbaby, and sil. got home after dark, went into the coop and counted heads, came up short. She has never ever missed going into the coop at night. Looked around with a flashlight, no sign of her, no feathers - but with the shiny wet leaves and rain, might have been hard to spot a few feathers. Poor baby.

I was going to lock them in this morning but had no time in daylight since I had to get down to the cities. that was the wrong decision, and she paid.

Last edited:
An odd sad day here. We had a predator take Fleur my Easter Egger. 3 piles of her feathers. She was plucked then carried away. Not a great death. She wasn't laying eggs any more. And she really wasn't a bird in the forefront with a whole lot of character or should I say...she was just sorta shy and had a space of her own in my flock. She did, I notice and have mentioned before, groom the rooster all the time. He'd bow his head to her and she'd carefully whittle away the feather casings on his head or pick a speck of something near his eye or beak that he couldn't get. He always counted on her and trusted her to do that for him. I found a few pictures of her. A petit little EE with white and Black penciled feathers. She came to us adopted from friends who didn't want to winter their chickens and I took her in with 2 other brooder mate sisters. We'll miss our Fleur. God speed chook.

She had a moment of fame on BYC with this picture of her and her sisters flamingo-ing on the BYC Carousel.

She was near Roger a lot in my photos...That I've seen. She always catered to him...even though she wasn't one of his faves. Every loyal.

And then she would do a surprising stunt every now and then. LOL

Sorry to hear. She was pretty!
Quote:
I had an Ameraucana the same color (not barred). She was pretty! I gave her to my sister. :)

Funny one:
So my husband and I were out walking the yard and yapping. I was telling him that since I took Cluck-Cluck's pinless peepers off I have to keep a close eye on her, (she is a terrible feather picker) I said "hopefully she doesn't start plucking Mothers feathers out or i'll have to put the peepers back on her" My husband said "yeah, she is a Mother plucker."
gig.gif
gig.gif

A mama cat and her 4 kittens came with the farm when we moved here. We decided to keep them. Anyway, our mama kitty was missing for 2 weeks. She came home last night, very hungry, but otherwise looking good. We were very happy to see her!
But... Today, one of her grown babies got hit on the road. We knew it was bound to happen, because the cats keep crossing the road, but I can't keep them locked in that barn all day, and you can't train a cat. Hoping they learn to watch out before we lose any more. At least it was quick, and we didn't have to make any decisions. .. *sigh*

She had a moment of fame on BYC with this picture of her and her sisters flamingo-ing on the BYC Carousel.

She was near Roger a lot in my photos...That I've seen. She always catered to him...even though she wasn't one of his faves. Every loyal.

And then she would do a surprising stunt every now and then. LOL

We all know you gave her a good life. :(

Bogtown, I'm so sorry about your little ee.

I lost a hen today too - a buff orpington.
spent the day in the hosp with my daughter, grandbaby, and sil. got home after dark, went into the coop and counted heads, came up short. She has never ever missed going into the coop at night. Looked around with a flashlight, no sign of her, no feathers - but with the shiny wet leaves and rain, might have been hard to spot a few feathers. Poor baby.

I was going to lock them in this morning but had no time in daylight since I had to get down to the cities. that was the wrong decision, and she paid.
So sorry lala, :( terrible day for the girls.

A mama cat and her 4 kittens came with the farm when we moved here. We decided to keep them. Anyway, our mama kitty was missing for 2 weeks. She came home last night, very hungry, but otherwise looking good. We were very happy to see her!
But... Today, one of her grown babies got hit on the road. We knew it was bound to happen, because the cats keep crossing the road, but I can't keep them locked in that barn all day, and you can't train a cat. Hoping they learn to watch out before we lose any more. At least it was quick, and we didn't have to make any decisions. .. *sigh*
So sorry Sleepy, terrible day for kitties too. :(

i get to embed an image upload from device or enter an image URL .... i click upload from my device,,,,THEN a cancel bubble pops up,,, then i cant click anything so i have to exit out of app then go back into BYC app.... I have a Apple 6 S plus... any ideas???
I have a Note 5. Andriod Lollipop. I do need a good connection or it times out before it is uploaded.

Back
Top Bottom