Minnesota!

Wow I wish I could get people for drakes. People almost don't consider drakes unless they are free. 

Yeah. I would pack the corn on them and just butcher them. Drakes are near impossible to sell. Or get ducklings and raise two hens per drake and sell breeding trios. Which is $pendy...

Yeah. I would pack the corn on them and just butcher them. Drakes are near impossible to sell. Or get ducklings and raise two hens per drake and sell breeding trios. Which is $pendy...
I could probably butcher the khaki campbell drakes, but I don't think the runners are even worth it. If I hatch ducklings I will have even more drakes.
big_smile.png

Could u just make stock out of the runners?
I suppose I could, but it seems like a waste, Idk. There is someone that wants them, but they are like 3 hours away, and he said he "possibly" would come. So I might just wait with them. Do you have any advice on how to fatten a duck? Mine are all pretty lean.

Yeah, even a small meal is better than nothing if you can do the butchering
I've never butchered a duck, is it a lot different than a chicken?

I suppose I could, but it seems like a waste, Idk. There is someone that wants them, but they are like 3 hours away, and he said he "possibly" would come. So I might just wait with them. Do you have any advice on how to fatten a duck? Mine are all pretty lean.

I've never butchered a duck, is it a lot different than a chicken?

It is the same concept yes but you have to be careful not to butcher when there are pin feathers or plucking is a pain

Back
Top Bottom