Minnesota!

Thanks Bantie
1f601.png

Hi! I am new here. We have our first batch of chicks ever that are now 4 weeks old. We have 2 silkies, 2 SL wyandottes, one GL Wyandotte, and 2 bantam Cochins.

I live in north central Minnesota.

Welcome!

Sorry for the photo bomb. Finally found the camera charger so had to get some pics.

And the cute little bottle calf!!! His name is Rupert.

Your buckeyes are getting big! You should post some pictures of your brindle calf. Adorable little thing...

Excellent pictures, by the way. You have a good eye.

Welcome!

Your buckeyes are getting big! You should post some pictures of your brindle calf. Adorable little thing...

Excellent pictures, by the way. You have a good eye.

They have grown alot since you were here! I will post pics tonight. Maybe... But probably
1f602.png

Thank you!:D

Hey all!

It's been a while since I've been on here. I run a CSA out here, and it's been planting/prep season. Too much work, but I know many of you garden extensively and farm also- so you know the craziness. I have a question... One of my hens who started laying a few months ago suddenly started having eggs come out with no shells, and in fact they usually break before they make it all the way out. They are on layer feed with calcium, plus I supplement oyster shell (throw it out for them). I would have thought it was a fluke deal, but she continues on laying these things. It's literally like she's pooing out an egg that is all broken as it comes out. Now, I went in there tonight and saw another hen do the same thing while sitting on the roost. Any suggestions? Is there a virus that can spread like this? This sure has been a frustrating first year with chickens. ugh.
Thanks for any advice! Sorry I haven't checked in in a while!!

Here is a picture of some BBS orps we hatched earlier. I will post tomorrow another picture of what they look like now.

Last edited:
Welcome!! Hmm idk about the chicken ordinance. It might be something u have to call the city about?

@naomijoy you are going to have to call them. I literally searched for 20 minutes and there is nothing in their city code. In fact, that may be one way you can keep chickens... it doesn't state either way. Contact them first though.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the eggless shells? Or have I stumped everyone here too... besides myself, lol?!

I'm new to the forum! We just bought a house in Arden Hills and I'm trying to find out if I can keep chickens?

Welcome! Yeah, I'd just give them a call or shoot the city an email.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the eggless shells? Or have I stumped everyone here too... besides myself, lol?!

I was also thinking oyster shells available at all times. If you're heavy on the treats, that can cause weak eggs as well. They don't get the calcium they need. I've heard that free range, foraging birds can also develop a deficiency. That, however, doesn't make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom