Minnesota!

So sorry to hear this, but sometimes it just has to be done. There's only so many hours in the day! Look after your family first and you can always rebuild on the birds. If you are looking for good places to sell ALOT, there is a small swap in New Ulm on June 18th and then later that afternoon the gates open for the HUGE swap in Waverly IA. There is another smaller swap usually down in IA about 40 miles from Waverly too. Thousands of people show up to Waverly and you camp out all night.... Most people go around with flashlights all night long buying. Its not just the junk type auction birds down there either, lots of exhibition breeders and you get your price.

So sorry to hear this, but sometimes it just has to be done. There's only so many hours in the day! Look after your family first and you can always rebuild on the birds. If you are looking for good places to sell ALOT, there is a small swap in New Ulm on June 18th and then later that afternoon the gates open for the HUGE swap in Waverly IA. There is another smaller swap usually down in IA about 40 miles from Waverly too. Thousands of people show up to Waverly and you camp out all night.... Most people go around with flashlights all night long buying. Its not just the junk type auction birds down there either, lots of exhibition breeders and you get your price.

I was thinking it was next week at New Ulm. I was thinking that whatever I can't sell off from here, I will take to one or the other places. You know how it feels I am sure to have to part with the birds you have been working with, but I feel I must do at least this much to get the rest of my life taken care of.
Thanks, Amy!

I was thinking it was next week at New Ulm. I was thinking that whatever I can't sell off from here, I will take to one or the other places. You know how it feels I am sure to have to part with the birds you have been working with, but I feel I must do at least this much to get the rest of my life taken care of.
Thanks, Amy!

Life happens! I had that kid of my own 5 years ago and that put a major monkey wrench in things. My grandma that I lived with and took care of, died 2.5 years ago and we had to get all that dealt with and house cleaned out. It was fall of 2014 that I had my own health problems and they kept running me to tons of doctors and finally surgery that fall. Every time those things happen, you have to make decisions. When you have to much that you can't properly care for it, then its time to narrow. I look back on pictures from even 6 years ago and think of how nuts I was with all those. We used to have 6 horses, 50+ geese, 100-150 ducks, 20+ peafowl, 3 varieties of ornamental pheasants, 150+ fancy pigeons, and 100+ chickens. We're narrowed hardcore too!!!!! Now we are down to just 2 horses, 1 mini donkey, 7 muscovies, 8 peafowl, 24 pigeons, 6 pheasants, and 140 breeder adults ( and some babies in the brooders) on chickens between just 4 breeds now. Used to have the secretary position with the BCPPA and do the newsletter for the MSPA... Just no time like I used to have.

* March 19, April 16, May 14, June 18, July 16, August 20. BCPPA Small Animal & Bird Swaps. Brown County Fairgrounds, New Ulm MN. Gates open at 8am. $3 admission for 16 and older. Contact Trevor Nau (507) 375-4716 or Al Christle (507) 210-5741

If you do decide to go to IA, you'll need the import permit in advance. Super easy...just basically have to give them your NPIP number and send it off to our state vet to confirm it for them. Here is the link for it: http://files.ctctcdn.com/329c71ce201/78bdca1d-7b71-482f-a518-2f584c5908ba.pdf That sale is definitely worth going to! There is also another big 2 day swap in Grundy Center IA the following weekend too.

Well, I put up a short roost for these two fatty cochins. The other surprisingly climbs the ramp to roost. Unfortunately, the blues would rather climb under the roost than use it. Ungrateful balls of fluff.

Chickens. Pffft.

I'm so glad it's not closer. I'd have to build another coop.
x2

Well, I put up a short roost for these two fatty cochins. The other surprisingly climbs the ramp to roost. Unfortunately, the blues would rather climb under the roost than use it. Ungrateful balls of fluff.

Chickens. Pffft.

that is so cute! and....nice hay!

Back
Top Bottom