mismatch

Trefoil

Songster
8 Years
Dec 7, 2011
I bought a young pea last year. I quarantined it with a couple of silkies for company before putting it with my other 2012's. In late fall I started letting them free range during the day, and the pea, which turned out to be a hen, started roosting at night in the cochin pen instead of with the other peas. Rather than move her every night I let her. I'm getting a little worried because she's getting really cozy with one of my cochin roosters and completely ignores the other peas. Does anybody know if this will change when she gets to be older? She's really good about going in at night and I don't want to mess with that unless I have to. Should I force her to roost with the peas?

I would not force her..
I can tell you this, i have a rooster that loves my ducks, protects them and never mates with chicken hens.. I have a goose that loves a black rooster she never mates with the ganders and protects the black roo that just tollerates her...I have a guinea hen that is being bred by a roo because she stays hangs with him and his hens.. there was never anything i could do about them so i just leave them alone and let them live the way they want to.

Back
Top Bottom