Missing belly feathers, wobbly legs...so confused

Got the necropsy results. No real idea what they mean, so waiting for the vet to call. I see Infectious Coryza listed, but she had zero respiratory symptoms at all and I trust PCR tests as far as I can throw them. But maybe I’m biased 😬

Open to opinions! Even if they’re just, “looks like it was Infectious Coryza”. 😄

Attachments

• F2FA327F-A24F-4DEB-B1A2-A1589B210B2E.jpeg
    F2FA327F-A24F-4DEB-B1A2-A1589B210B2E.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 5
Just wanted to update - got the full necropsy results...it was Mareks.

The rest of my chickens have seemed ok. I have 2 with odd symptoms of being a little unkempt and having loser and very bubbly stools. I also have another that's developed a limp, with an enlarged but hard knee joint (was hoping it was an injury that healed wrong, but now am unsure). Questioning how to proceed with the flock now. I planned on adding more chickens when it got warmer, but now am hesitant.

One day I want to start over with unvaccinated local chickens I think. These chickens were all vaccinated, but since the vaccine is leaky, I wonder if that did more harm than good in this instance. Or maybe it's actually keeping the rest of my flock alive. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, I'm not really interested in debating, just thinking out loud.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone with personal experience with Marek's if anyone wanted to share, how did you add to your flock - vaccinated vs unvaccinated? I've already read a lot on here when I suspected Marek's, so no one needs to share links, I've probably read what you'd share lol.

Back
Top Bottom