Missing crossbeak.

LadyAchee

Crowing
May 10, 2020
Liberty Hill, TX
This morning I am missing my crossbeak hen. She is so special to us and I can't stop crying. I really hope she shows up. She was in the coop last night and the auto door let's them out.

I had a cross beak that was a love. She was out one day and I got distracted and a fox got her. I cried too. This was my Gladys.
IMG_20170104_172023.jpg

I did have to trim Gladys's beak now and then to make it easier for her to eat. I searched for her and never found her body but did find some feathers. Hopefully your girl is hiding somewhere. I have cameras up around on my property and saw the fox on a camera. Good luck...

I did have to trim Gladys's beak now and then to make it easier for her to eat. I searched for her and never found her body but did find some feathers. Hopefully your girl is hiding somewhere. I have cameras up around on my property and saw the fox on a camera. Good luck...
I have never been more relieved as I am now. I just went out and she was eating with the flock.
I have trimmed hers once but I'm scared to crack her beak. I will do more trimming soon when my friend can come give me a hand again. 20220225_083400.jpg

Thank goodness. Are they allowed to go anywhere? I mean that is what I assume. Wonder if she has a secret nest and just went off to lay her egg.

Yes they are free range during the day and my dogs keep most predators away. However we are missing a hen for a couple weeks now and I do think she was taken by something. We moved them to their new coop and we couldn't find her anywhere. They can get under our shed so I think that's where Frankie was. Strange for her to not come when called.

This morning I am missing my crossbeak hen. She is so special to us and I can't stop crying. I really hope she shows up. She was in the coop last night and the auto door let's them out.
I'm so sorry! Hope you find her:hugs

A similair thing happened to my crossbeak... She went on a walk with my dog (the gate didn't close) and a cat or bird got her... I never found her body thought.... And the dog died a few months later from kidney failure/cancer. RIP babies

Back
Top Bottom