missing eggs

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jmantoo1, Jun 7, 2007.

1. jmantoo1

jmantoo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    i went out to my chicken house to get my eggs and my 2 fake eggs are gone any ideas where they went

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Same place the golf ball went???? That's weird someone else put golf balls in the nest when their eggs went missing. Golf balls disappeared too!

3. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I bet you have a snake somewhere with a real tummy ache![​IMG]

4. jmantoo1

jmantoo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    how do you get rid of a snake

5. usbr

usbr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
  6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    wonder if you place a egg/golfball on one side of your wire and the place another on the other side. If it was a snake would it eat one the go through fence and eat the other? getting itself stuck in the process of being greedy? Has anyone tried it? I read about it somewhere but didn't think it would really work. Maybe someone here who is having snake issue could try it.

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    jmantoo - you are slowly getting rid of that snake by feeding him golf balls and fake eggs. LOL Eventually he won't be back. [​IMG]

no really - we had a wild turkey hen sitting on a clutch of ten eggs. First day, 2 eggs disappeared and we blamed the other hens for eating them. Wrong! The next day 6 more eggs completely gone and 2 laying outsdie the nest. We gave up and put wooden eggs in the nest. The next day, one of the wooden eggs was gone. Our snake is gonna have a very bad belly ache too. Hasn't been back, so I'd say he's a goner. I guess that's his fate if he wants to keep raiding our nests.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by