Missing for 24 hours - we found her!

Silly hen! So glad you found her.....so sorry you had such a run of bad luck with your others.
sad.png
Popcorn will change all that now! Cute pic of your daughter with the hen.
smile.png

I'm so glad you found her in time!
yippiechickie.gif
I had a chicken get stuck behind a box upside down...what in the world are they thinking?? I found her after a few hours, so she was just a little disoriented for a little bit. I always worry about the horses stepping on them when they get in there with them, but I think they both watch out.
hu.gif

You know, after a traumatic event like this, and all the extra attention, she might end up being a special lap chicken!

She's a beauty! Congrats!

Shelly

Quote:
Thanks Luna!

My daughter loves playing with her dolls, and well a real life baby like Popcorn and she was thrilled!
gig.gif

Popcorn is looking fine this morning, I have to finish some work up and seal my tiles (for my wood stove) Its very cold, rainy and windy outside, I was going to take her out this morning if she was fine, but the temp change would be a bit of a shocker and I'm betting all the other chickens/ducks/guinea's are pushing and shoving in the coop, I don't want to put her out in that.
hmm.png

We're due for snow tonight as well, so Im not sure what I'm going to do at this point.

Quote:
I have known horses to stamp on chickens at feeding time! But it sounds like yours have that problem sorted out.

Well done!!!! I hope she is OK!!!!!

Believe it or not my horse used to be terrified of chickens
idunno.gif
I used to ride up a trail in San Diego - and at the top we had to go past a house with a little chicken coop and a couple of bantams, every dang single time, she'd STIFF Leg break and wouldn't go any further!
he.gif

When I got my chickens a few years ago I was so worried about her, and at first didn't let the chickens get into her barn or anything. But now - she couldn't care less and it cracks me up everytime I see her eating hay with a bunch of chickens trying to get in there to look for bugs.
gig.gif

Popcorn is back in the coop. I took her out at lunch time and checked on her through the afternoon. At chore time OUT she came with her buddies to gobble up scratch!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom