AbbysSilkies

Chirping
Jul 31, 2017
hey, y’all. Today we had a dog invasion; fortunately, the dogs were friendly and well trained, and aside from the little one getting in a coop and giving the hens a fright, nothing really happened, we just grabbed them and gave them some water while we tried to get their owner. The problem, though, was they scared the guinea to the other side of the house (he’s never wandered over there before) and my dogs chased him off. He ran down the neighborhood, probably 300 feet, before turning into someone else’s house. How can we get him back? I thought he’d come back but I don’t think he knows where he is, and I don’t know where he is. Should I leave a trail of scratch down the sidewalk or something? I was also considering taking a noisy hen for a walk, maybe he’d hear us and follow me home.

hey, y’all. Today we had a dog invasion; fortunately, the dogs were friendly and well trained, and aside from the little one getting in a coop and giving the hens a fright, nothing really happened, we just grabbed them and gave them some water while we tried to get their owner. The problem, though, was they scared the guinea to the other side of the house (he’s never wandered over there before) and my dogs chased him off. He ran down the neighborhood, probably 300 feet, before turning into someone else’s house. How can we get him back? I thought he’d come back but I don’t think he knows where he is, and I don’t know where he is. Should I leave a trail of scratch down the sidewalk or something? I was also considering taking a noisy hen for a walk, maybe he’d hear us and follow me home.

even take the noisy hen and the food trail jmho

Glad no one was hurt in the invasion.

Any sign of your guinea yet? If not, you might want to check with other guinea owners to see if they have any recommendations on how to locate him:Guinea Fowl

Good luck!
Thanks! I’ll do that. I’m quite worried, he’s a scaredy cat and never goes anywhere without me, and I’ve never gone down where he is. All the other birds seem to be okay, though a bit tentative!

Back
Top Bottom