Mississauga, Ontario chicken by-law

dancing Mar

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
I am in contact with my Councillor who is trying to help me change the by-law preventing backyard chickens in Mississauga Ontario. Is there anyone out there from this area for moral support? If so, please let me know your experience. The 6 heritage chickens I have are wonderful, and apart from the broodiness of my Silkie, they are no trouble. Still a neighbor who I haven't been able to identify complained.
While I'm at it, I am also looking for a supplier of feed for my chickens that is either organic, vegetarian or at least with an ingredient list. The food I bought comes from a company that doesn't list anything about what's in the food.

Marianne

Hi Marianne, I was ready to post the same. PM me your phone and we can talk.
BTW we have more people wanting to amend the bylaw and I invite all others interested to join in.

Last edited:
Hi Marianne,

Which Ward are you in and how do I get him/her as mine? My councillor gives me the same response as the Mayor. I can't wait to get this by-law changed!! (I'm in Ward 9)

Amanda

Hi Amanda, I'm in ward 1 (Jim Tovey's ward). He tells me his wife also wants to keep chickens. I spoke to BAWC from this group on the phone. He's trying to corral people from every ward. I think we have a little time while the summer session is out to try to organize.

Hi guys, the storm clobbered me and is keeping me busy. There is plenty of interest in amending the bylaw from both residents and city staff! Take a look at the library online catalog and you will find a great assortment of books relating to chickens even backyard chickens ... How interesting.Right now all residents need to be informed,
social media, online petition, newspaper etc
If you need to contact me privately the fastest would be by phone or email.
Rob

Last edited:
Hi every one, I live in Markham and I am also interested to keep chickens in my backyard, I am waiting the result, of the meetings and amendment in the by law, I fully support you guys, wish you best of luck.

Hi Bwac,thanks for the reply, I am interested in RSL, RIL, BR, Silkie, and EEs.

Hi Marianne,
You can buy Chicken feed from Stouffville at the Home & Hardware store, they keep all kind of feed; starter, growing chicken and layer feed also.

-Saba.

Back
Top Bottom