Mississauga, Ontario chicken by-law

This is the latest story on our urban chicken adventure. While I did recommend the pilot program I have to discuss it with the Councillor. What I am recommending is to allow our upcoming urban chicken association to set up and monitor the pilot program. At this point I am looking for experienced knowledgeable chicken owners who would be willing to join the club and provide input to us to contact me.

http://www.mississauga.com/communit...or-considering-chicken-pilot-project-in-ward/

Last edited:
I have a bit of an issue with why changing the bylaws is becoming such a problem. Considering "teacup" pigs, are allowed to be pets, what on earth is the issue with chickens? Regulation costs? How are those any different from the ones already in place to protect other household pets? And the bit about pet owners making Carlson nervous is a little bit ridiculous, because so far, I haven't seen the rest of pet owners banned from keeping pets. Animal abuse happens everywhere to any animal and banning the opportunity to be a good pet owner because there are a few sour apples out there is a terrible way to look at an issue. This just does not make sense and I noticed a lot of remarks are bred out of ignorance, like the noise complaint. That's an easy fix. Ban roosters, make hens acceptable.

Waterpass, Mississauga councilors had no interest in changing the bylaw. For those interested in continuing on and contributing to the effort to change the bylaw feel free to contact me.

Hello All,

I am also from Mississauga and am very interested in keeping Chickens. Not sure exactly what my ward is but two years ago I signed a online petition and was checking it and all the news said the petition is closed.

am looking for news on the matter and was wondering if there is any petitions collecting signatures. from what I have understood about petitions the msignatures you have the more it counts as a block for when you are standing in city hall to present the matter.

would love to hear about what meetings are going on and would love to discuss some points I have.

contact by email

thanks

Azam

Back
Top Bottom