Mississippi coast

David61

Crowing
Jul 27, 2019
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Hi, I'm new to chickens but not forums. I have been reading this forum for a week or so. I have learned a lot from reading here. I know the value of a good forum and hope i can add to it with my postings.
I'm building a walk in 10 x 6 fenced fortress with roost and nesting boxes for the 10 buff Orpington's I'll order soon from TSC. My cousin and his wife have chickens and I'm hooked now. I have the ground ready and started the foundation. The roof is powder coated aluminum. It a section of roof use to cover a walk way between buildings that i have salvaged. I have been gathering building materials for months. I'll post more in the coop and run.
I hope to be finished in a few weeks. When i get the final design on the roosting box I'll feel better about ordering chicks. I want to be mostly finished so i can put the time in caring for the chicks not building.

Hi, I'm new to chickens but not forums. I have been reading this forum for a week or so. I have learned a lot from reading here. I know the value of a good forum and hope i can add to it with my postings.
I'm building a walk in 10 x 6 fenced fortress with roost and nesting boxes for the 10 buff Orpington's I'll order soon from TSC. My cousin and his wife have chickens and I'm hooked now. I have the ground ready and started the foundation. The roof is powder coated aluminum. It a section of roof use to cover a walk way between buildings that i have salvaged. I have been gathering building materials for months. I'll post more in the coop and run.
I hope to be finished in a few weeks. When i get the final design on the roosting box I'll feel better about ordering chicks. I want to be mostly finished so i can put the time in caring for the chicks not building.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people! Good luck with your build, and remember, everyone here loves to see pictures of what you do!!

Back
Top Bottom